Trying to save mp3 from text or email

djtreichel

Reaction score
I'm only a couple days old to this phone. I used to use Mobile17.com to make ringtones and send to my phone via picture text message. Now with this phone I don't know the capabilities. Is there a way to save a mp3 from a email or text, or is there a bigger and better picture i'm missing? Something easier to use possibly??

Thanks...

Richi

D

droidavie

Create a folder called "ringtones" in your microSD card and transfer over your ringtones there
I'm only a couple days old to this phone. I used to use Mobile17.com to make ringtones and send to my phone via picture text message. Now with this phone I don't know the capabilities. Is there a way to save a mp3 from a email or text, or is there a bigger and better picture i'm missing? Something easier to use possibly??

Thanks...

Richi

MzAtchie

Reaction score
Saving ringtones via text

I've had my Droid for 3 days and thought I'd add some ringtones from my own mp3's.
So I went to Myxer.com from my computer as I have done with my previous phone (EnV).
Upload my tunes, edit and send to my phone. Easy.
Well, turned out to be a frustrating afternoon. The text was delivered without a problem, but I couldn't find a way to save the tune.
Here is what worked for me:
Open the text with the tune and do a long tap on the side of the big "play" arrow. Options will pop up.
Save as ringtone.
Super easy.
You'll find your newly added ringtone at the bottom of the regular ringtone list.
:)