USMCsilver

Reaction score
I can't hook up my POP3 account.

My incoming server is:

mail.truvista.net

It will authenticate with no problem.

My outgoing server is:

smtp.truvista.net

(The ISP's website says I need to check a box that reads "Server requires authentication; there's no such box on the Droid's screen.)

However, when the DROID tries to hook up to the ougoing server, it kicks me back out because it can't connect.

Ideas?

Here's the stuff from my ISP: http://www.truvista.net/internet/email_setup.php

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tro looking here

The box for ssl authentication comes up when you are inputting your outgoing server information. So go to email > add account > put in your email address and password > next > then look at the security box > ssl > add the rest of your information. I just tried to re add an account and that security box is there. Hope this helps :)

OP
U

USMCsilver

Reaction score
The box for ssl authentication comes up when you are inputting your outgoing server information. So go to email > add account > put in your email address and password > next > then look at the security box > ssl > add the rest of your information. I just tried to re add an account and that security box is there. Hope this helps :)

I've tried all of the drop-down box options. Nothing works. I'll call Verizon a tad later and see if they can help out. :mad:

tnek107

Reaction score
Good luck when you talk to Verizon. They referred me to Motorola, who suggested I delete the email account, remove the battery, restart, and recreate the POP3 email account. I did that with no success.

A "smart phone" that can't send email is not useful to me. Before I throw it away (my 30 days are up) and let Verizon sue me for the two-year plan, does anyone have any other ideas?

OP
U

USMCsilver

Reaction score
B/t myself and someone on Androidforum.com, it has been figured out.

Port 25 on outgoing. Requires log-in, no secuirty.

So...it's fixed! :)

Ken41

Reaction score
B/t myself and someone on Androidforum.com, it has been figured out.

Port 25 on outgoing. Requires log-in, no secuirty.

So...it's fixed! :)
I found your post while I was on the phone with Verizon for the missing authentication block.
Verizon said that my IPS Windstream might not work with the droid. Tried the port 25 and it works fine .The Verizon tech said thanks for the help!

OP
U

USMCsilver

Reaction score
Ha! LOL! That's funny. Techs thanking "us" for help.

I don't know if it's funny...or pathetic. :greendroid: