Transparent Status Bar and Shade for Rooted Droid!

teenfaces

Reaction score
This is for 2.01 and 2.1 just pay attention to the file you are downloading. The one that says framework-res.zip is for 2.01 and the one that says framework-res21.zip is for 2.1 Rename either file to framework-res.apk
I have modded the framework-res.apk and put a transparent status bar and window shade for myself and thought I would share.
the file is attached. rename it from framework-res.zip to framework-res.apk and copy it to your sdcard and use busybox to copy it to your droid.
su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
busybox cp -R /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
reboot

After you reboot you will need to sign back into google. Just click on the marketplace and sign back in. Please remember you can cause serious damage to the operating system of your droid if you do not know what you are doing! I am not responsible for your actions. :) If you do not have busybox on your rooted droid yet, go here... AllDroid.org - View topic - BUSYBOX ON ROOTED ANDROID 2.0.1

Latest framework-res.apk file has been modified again. The Launcher.apk is only for 2.01 and has also been modified for a more hero look. The new files are attached.

Last edited:

mazz0310

Reaction score
Looks GREAT. Will post a screenshot.....

Thank you!

CAP200912101556.jpg

CAP2009121015561.jpg

Last edited:

uptheforest

Reaction score
can i only do this with busy box? adding that seems a little bit out of my realm and i really dont want to mess up my phone

mazz0310

Reaction score
Only complaint is that it's hard to read the text messages, but most the time it's hard to catch it up there anyway, and it's a trade off I am willing to take, I love the dark theme look, no longer do I need to hide the notification bar with Home++

can i only do this with busy box? adding that seems a little bit out of my realm and i really dont want to mess up my phone

I was trying to do it with Busybox and just gave up and installed it anyway. I can link you good instructions if you'd like.

uptheforest

Reaction score
yes please, that would help. Busy box doesnt seem too difficult i just cant get past step one. The mistake im making is probably the dumbest thing ever but had no issues rooting and messing with su whatsoever.

mazz0310

Reaction score
This is the guide I followed, sorry to link another site mods.

Busybox working for Droid Explorer on PC - Android Forums

The instructions: (Thanks to BiggiePhat at AndroidForums)
tep 1) download busybox binary to your adb tools directory

Step 2) cd to your adb tools directory

Step 3) adb push busybox /data/local/busybox

Step 4) adb shell

Step 5) cd /data/local

Step 6) chmod 755 busybox

Step 7) ./busybox

(just to test to make sure its there)

now to have this run so droid explorer and detect your phone and so you can use busybox (ie so its in your PATH) run this.

Step 8) mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

Step 9) /data/local/busybox cp /data/local/busybox /system/bin

Step 10) mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

Step 11) sync

Step 12) reboot

Download Links:

Droid Explorer: Droid Explorer

busybox: Download busybox.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Link for BusyBox: Download busybox.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Darkbleed

Reaction score
Very nice. The busybox was the trickiest piece for me. This is way slicker than the default android notification panel!

mazz0310

Reaction score
Yeah Busybox was the longest part for me too. But the instructions made it easy and worth it.

uptheforest

Reaction score
How do I get past step 2? Just not happening for me... it says no path specified or something can't remember I'm not at my pc anymore.