Transparent Notification Pull down

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder why it any more tricky then the black or grey status bar.png? I would the system would recognize them all the same. So you can get it Grey or white etc... but not transparent? Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What is Angel v.05? Froyo or GB?

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
clouse2013

clouse2013

Reaction score

Its Froyo 2.2. Its just a slimmed down stock rom too. nothing too major. Im kinda new to this theming stuff too so sorry if im not explaining my problem very well.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Its Froyo 2.2. Its just a slimmed down stock rom too. nothing too major. Im kinda new to this theming stuff too so sorry if im not explaining my problem very well.

Oh no, you're good. I just know its different for GB so that's why I was asking. Does your wallpaper change when Ninjamorph reboots your phone?

OP
clouse2013

clouse2013

Reaction score
Yeah it does. I did get the actual status bar to be transparent with a png image but not the pulldown. So i tried that .png in the one for the pulldown since i know it came up transparent and it just showed up black. Dont know if that extra information helps too.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Usually, a "black" image means that the original image either doesn't exist or the transparency was done incorrectly. Odd that its works on the ROM you pulled it from though. Is there any way that you could send me your status_bar_background? I will see if I can edit it and put it in a .zip for you. If that doesn't work, I'll download the ROM that you're on and edit the image. Then you should be able to just flash the ROM without wiping..that may work.

OP
clouse2013

clouse2013

Reaction score
Ill send u a pm with it when I get out of class. Thanks a lot for the help.

Sent from my Angelic Droid 2 Global

OP
clouse2013

clouse2013

Reaction score
What about liberty GB v0.5

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Ive never tried because i only have a droid 2 global. There is a way to port liberty on froyo over to it but we havent even got a gingerbread leak yet let alone a custom rom for it. So yeah i dont know how that works.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can take a look but where is the Angel ROM you're running?... I only see that GetRDone ROM listed on the D2G subforum...

mitchtank

Reaction score
Where are notification icon files in liberty? Trying to move them to system/apps so I can go through droid pirate and metamorph to change them

OP
clouse2013

clouse2013

Reaction score
I can take a look but where is the Angel ROM you're running?... I only see that GetRDone ROM listed on the D2G subforum...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/get-r-done/145727-rom-release-angelrom-v0-5-5-5-2011-a.html heres that angel rom.

Where are notification icon files in liberty? Trying to move them to system/apps so I can go through droid pirate and metamorph to change them
and i just pulled the notification pulldown out of the framework of liberty because i knew it was transparent. I tried to ninjamorph it but wouldnt work. heres the image for the pulldown bar
status_bar_background.png
its from a liberty theme, oreoslice. When i was on liberty it did work and was transparent but when i ninjamorph it into the angel rom it isnt transparent.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In the Angel ROM there is animation status bar pngs... can you post a screenshot of what you're pulldown currently looks like with the stock pulldown??... because the status_bar_background.png that comes stock in the ROM is already transparent white haze...