Transparent Contacts/dialer from Darkedge

lmt1979

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the transparency in Darkedge's contacts/dialer screen (you could see the desktop). Anyone know why this doesn't work when files (pngs) are put into a froyo rom? I assume it's got something to do with patching like the notification drop down bar to make it work. Any info is appreciated.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Made it is an xml or resource.arsc edit instead.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Meant to say "maybe". So you are using the resources.asrc file from both phone and contacts? Do you have anything else that is transparent? Is your services.jar file patched for transparency?

OP
L

lmt1979

Reaction score
Yep

Meant to say "maybe". So you are using the resources.asrc file from both phone and contacts? Do you have anything else that is transparent? Is your services.jar file patched for transparency?

yeah the services is patched I have transparent notification, widgets, statusbar, etc.

turdbogls

Reaction score
not sure what you guys are talking about, but the transparent dialer and contacts list is an actual .apk called wycontacts...all you do is rename it to contacts.apk, and replace the original contacts.apk that is in the ROM. pretty simple actually

NeoCrisis

Reaction score
Known Bugs:
Replacing custom_background_dialer is not working. Can't figure out why. Please let me know if you have a fix.

seems like its been a known bug for a while