Transitioning

antieannie

Reaction score
So I'm adjusting to this whole touchscreen concept... got my incredible before Christmas, and I was a blackberry user. Still missing some of the features, but starting to like it more... any tips? Hating the battery life though. :(

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Battery life on an Android phone is not what you're used to on a Blackberry. First tip I can offer is plug it in every night and leave it on all night. :) Also, turn off WiFi if you're not using it.

:welcome: to the forums! :)

What features are you missing? Other than the hardware keyboard, that is. Have you looked into getting Swype on there?

Swype | Text Input for Screens
http://beta.swipe.com

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the DF. unfortunately battery life wont be as great as RIM, but I still wouldn't go back to BB

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

OP
A

antieannie

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time with cutting and pasting... I have sort of figured it out, but it's not that easy. And yes... missing the keyboard... although today when I was using my work blackberry, I kept trying to touch the icons on the screen to no avail (haha - it's not a touchscreen). I don't really miss BBM though. I'm fine with regular texting.

What I LOVE about my incredible is the camera! and the look and feel. I will try turning off the Wifi. My battery life SUCKS.

OP
A

antieannie

Reaction score
Thanks!

welcome to the DF. unfortunately battery life wont be as great as RIM, but I still wouldn't go back to BB

Thanks for the welcome! I just decided today to keep the incredible... I have been carrying the box around, and I bought accessories (a car charger, extra charger, case) from Amazon that I wouldn't open because I was expecting to return them. But I'm finally feeling like a convert.

The camera is wonderful and the speed in connecting to the internet is soooo much better than the bb.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Another part of it might be you're playing with it all the time. ;) It's new, and all that.

Try playing a game for a while and watch what happens to the battery. :D

Seriously, though, copy/paste on the Droid Inc isn't as easy as it could be. It's a LOT better on the D1/2/Pro with the hardware keyboard, but that's the advantage of having a keyboard, no? :) Though the keyboard on the D1 stinks...

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
it does get getting used too. at first like any new product, trying it out and getting a feel for it is the toughest. but all in all, love the apps, love the speed, love the forum. there's more things to do with android than rim has.
glad ur sticking to it

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
im sort of used too now with both slider and touch. but ur right, cut/paste is little challenge at first. but I got it now....lol

Another part of it might be you're playing with it all the time. ;) It's new, and all that.

Try playing a game for a while and watch what happens to the battery. :D

Seriously, though, copy/paste on the Droid Inc isn't as easy as it could be. It's a LOT better on the D1/2/Pro with the hardware keyboard, but that's the advantage of having a keyboard, no? :) Though the keyboard on the D1 stinks...

OP
A

antieannie

Reaction score
Yeah... I'm getting used to it... or trading off. Will hold out until at least my new every two comes up.again. :)

So how do I add swype?

OP
A

antieannie

Reaction score
And ur right. I do play with it too such.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Go to the link I gave you, sign up, wait for the invite, download, install via Astro File Manager from the market, follow the instructions provided, and in the meantime watch this video and be jealous. :)

[video=youtube;mRUoWUhcRlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRUoWUhcRlE]YouTube - Swype for Android demo[/video]

OP
A

antieannie

Reaction score
Cool. I'll check it out. I turned off my background dat in settings to try to Dave battery life too... bad idea?

OP
A

antieannie

Reaction score
Haha... save, not Dave. Darn touchscreen!

OP
A

antieannie

Reaction score
Looks like the swype link is down for now. I'll try tomorrow.