Tranquility 3.6.0 question?

B

budmonster

Has anyone tried this ROM and can give any feedback? Speed, stability, etc.? Someone told me there has been a lot of issues with the Tranquility ROM, don't know if this is true or not, so If someone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it. It looks like a great ROM from the description over at MDW.

DroidTC

Reaction score
Installed this recently coming over from RubiX focused, which I loved. It took two tries to get it installed properly but since then it has been great. The toolbox is great - loaded nextheme and blur messaging app, my personal preference. Speed has been great, not laggy or anything and has been stable. Battery life has also been great. I do get random reboots sometimes when I unlock the phone, but I had that on every rom I've used since froyo.

If you do install it, I would recommend doing it from an unmolested version of stock. I'm on OTA and was running rubix. Wiping data still gave me issues. I did system only SBF and then the install went great. Give it a whirl, worst case, flash back

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Honestly, the best way imho to fully install and enjoy this rom is to sbf a fresh .340, re root, factory reset,Load up a fresh Tranq3.6 straight from the TBH app, delete the tool box, reboot, install Tron Theme (if you're a theme person like me), install toolbox update and then enjoy this Oneofakind Rom. It's very fast. Just be sure to go to spare parts and change windows animation and transitions to fast. They're setup to normal by default. Follow up and lmk how it turns out for you.

Has anyone tried this ROM and can give any feedback? Speed, stability, etc.? Someone told me there has been a lot of issues with the Tranquility ROM, don't know if this is true or not, so If someone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it. It looks like a great ROM from the description over at MDW.

DROIDOLOGY, Science of a TRU Smartphone W/Tapa

MrKleen

Reaction score
I had lots of problems getting Tranquility to work. Rapid rebooting along with the keyboard crashing. The only thing that got it running was a factory reset. Had to still replace the keyboard.

After all that hassle its not a bad rom.

It just depends on if you want to go through all that. Its NOT a simple, follow the instructions rom unfortunately.

OP
B

budmonster

i went over and took at look at the MDW forums. it seems like people are having problems just getting the rom installed. then market issues, etc. i think im going to pass. thanks for the input guys.

EDIT:
***** Again you only need to wipe data if coming from a rom other than DarkSlide, TranQ, Stock ****

This is based off of the newest leak 2.3.340, ONLY USE THIS ROM IF YOU HAVE USED THE SYSTEM ONLY SBF FILE FOR 2.3.340 OR YOU HAVE BEEN UPDATED VIA THE UPDATE.ZIP

Does that mean since I got 2.3.340 through OTA, I can't use this ROM?

blackngray70

Reaction score
i went over and took at look at the MDW forums. it seems like people are having problems just getting the rom installed. then market issues, etc. i think im going to pass. thanks for the input guys.

EDIT:
***** Again you only need to wipe data if coming from a rom other than DarkSlide, TranQ, Stock ****

This is based off of the newest leak 2.3.340, ONLY USE THIS ROM IF YOU HAVE USED THE SYSTEM ONLY SBF FILE FOR 2.3.340 OR YOU HAVE BEEN UPDATED VIA THE UPDATE.ZIP
Does that mean since I got 2.3.340 through OTA, I can't use this ROM?

No, you can use this rom but you have to install it over stock. Don't try to install it over any custom roms.

The nice thing about this rom is that you don't have to wipe as long as you install it over stock. Your apps and settings will still be intact. If you try and install it over a custom rom you will have problems.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
I have been using it since the day he released 3.6.0. It is a great ROM! It is very fast and has the best battery life out of any rom I have tried. There is NO other ROM that will give you the options this one can. The toolbox is amazing and TBH does awesome work. As for the problems a lot of peoples problems are self inflicted with NOT following directions or skipping steps. Like many have said if you are on OTA .340 you are fine. I would recommend booting into stock recovery and doing a wipe/factory reset 2 or 3 times to get a nice clean base to start with. If you are on an different rom then you will need to use the System only .340 SBF and then follow the steps.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I have been using it since the day he released 3.6.0. It is a great ROM! It is very fast and has the best battery life out of any rom I have tried. There is NO other ROM that will give you the options this one can. The toolbox is amazing and TBH does awesome work. As for the problems a lot of peoples problems are self inflicted with NOT following directions or skipping steps. Like many have said if you are on OTA .340 you are fine. I would recommend booting into stock recovery and doing a wipe/factory reset 2 or 3 times to get a nice clean base to start with. If you are on an different rom then you will need to use the System only .340 SBF and then follow the steps.

While I agree that people create most of the issues themselves I can assure you this is not the case with this rom. I can only speak for myself but I follow instructions to a t with every rom install I do which has been countless. While I got this rom installed with much effort it was not a matter of just following instructions. It is a decent rom if you are able to get it working.

DJORDAN

Reaction score
I've been using this rom for a few days and like it a lot. I have had zero problems with it so far. It was installed on top of the last ota update. (FAST & STABLE) Love the transitions!!!!!

DroidX: Tranquilly 3.6.0 DrarkAndroid Theme Overclock on boot at 1225 No Problems!!!.. (FAST & STABLE)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1293158833953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1293158833953.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 276
  • uploadfromtaptalk1293158859656.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1293158859656.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 308
  • uploadfromtaptalk1293158877067.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1293158877067.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 247

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I like this rom so far. I have installed it 2 times. first time I it was over apax I just formated system, data, and then installed this rom. No problems.I then went on to try darkslide. but sbf the phone and went back to tranq. I like the options and everything that this rom gives you. I have not had one reboot yet.

Reaction score
Tried the new tranq tonight after a fresh system sbf. Phone crashed every 5 seconds until I booted into stock recovery and wiped... then the market was literally taking 10 minutes per app restore and would not install properly unless I manually cancelled and restarted. Then I was still getting install errors. I know I am not the only one this happens to. Not quite sure why problems like this aren't resolved before release or right after with a patch. Went back to Apex which loaded right up and with no market issues either. Transitions in Apex are nicer/smoother anyway.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Tried the new tranq tonight after a fresh system sbf. Phone crashed every 5 seconds until I booted into stock recovery and wiped... then the market was literally taking 10 minutes per app restore and would not install properly unless I manually cancelled and restarted. Then I was still getting install errors. I know I am not the only one this happens to. Not quite sure why problems like this aren't resolved before release or right after with a patch. Went back to Apex which loaded right up and with no market issues either. Transitions in Apex are nicer/smoother anyway.

:) Mine would only reboot every 20 - 30 seconds... lol. The way to get the rom to work would be to hurry into privacy, and do a factory data reset as quickly as possible while in the rom. Then it will work. Even still I had to replace the keyboard that comes on it cause it still crashes. I am running the rom now actually and think it's a decent rom with some interesting features.

But I fully agree that work needs to be done regarding the install. I think people would enjoy the rom if it would install like all the rest.

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I know some roms just do not agree with some phones.I don't know why the reason. but it happens if you are confertable to install roms and revive if a case of a brick then I say try for your self its the only thing that will tell the answer

Reaction score

:) Mine would only reboot every 20 - 30 seconds... lol. The way to get the rom to work would be to hurry into privacy, and do a factory data reset as quickly as possible while in the rom. Then it will work. Even still I had to replace the keyboard that comes on it cause it still crashes. I am running the rom now actually and think it's a decent rom with some interesting features.

But I fully agree that work needs to be done regarding the install. I think people would enjoy the rom if it would install like all the rest.

Well... I sort of have to eat my words. I am not one to "lose" to a program that I know can work. I sat down Tranquility today and after a long fight I prevailed. I did, in fact, have to battery pull (rebooting too fast to shut down properly) and then boot into stock recovery after loading the rom after a fresh .340 system SBF. Wiped data/cache/dalvik which wiped out the toolbox and that is no biggie since it saves having to uninstall it later for the updated one. The market, I think, is having issues with the new version since all the apps chug along fine restoring until the market restores. Then they stall out between the download and install and I had to manually go into about 30 that were left and once I clicked on them they would begin to install so that was a pain. THEN the navigation was not working, kept getting stuck on "checking satellite availability" but uninstalling the market update got the factory version to work so whatever, I'm guessing that is an issue with the new update?

So then everything was re-installed and I have to say this thing hauls all sorts of ass. Tons of themes, the toolbox kicks ass and stuff loads way faster than anything I've used before including Tranquility 3.5 so I'm kind of glad I had it out with this thing. I still say that it is a total pain in the balls to install and should not be this difficult but there are workarounds and once you get it setup it is a badass. Going to run it for the weekend and decide if I want to keep it or go to Apex or try something else.

OP
B

budmonster

with all the comments it just not worth using this rom at this time, until like some of you guys said, its "fixed". i never seen more people have trouble with a rom then this one, not knocking the devs.