Traded my Eris for the Moto

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Had an Eris for about a week. Loved it but could not work with the keyboard. So traded it in for the Moto Droid over the weekend. Love it more. Even though I really wanted the physical qwerty I have not even used it. The bigger screen and virtual qwerty works alot better for me. There are a few things I did like better with the Eris and a few that I really don't like about the Moto but I will manage. And the Moto just feels better in my hands. The Eris was a little dainty for me. I don't carry my phones in my pocket so the bigger size id not a big deal. I'm not knocking the Eris at all. It is a great phone. If the screen was bigger and the qwerty easier to work with I prolly would have kept it. But I'm pretty sure I made the right decision.

I do have to admit I miss Sense just a little.

Reaction score
I exchanged my Eris for the same reason..thought I wanted the physical querty because the Eris' virtual querty was so small and I have shaky little hands. Well, I'll never be sorry I exchanged it. I also haven't used the physical querty the virtual is large enough but I find that the Motorola Droid is almost self explanatory. It is so much easier for me and although the eris is a great phone I'm thrilled that I switched.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
Had an Eris for about a week. Loved it but could not work with the keyboard. So traded it in for the Moto Droid over the weekend. Love it more. Even though I really wanted the physical qwerty I have not even used it. The bigger screen and virtual qwerty works alot better for me. There are a few things I did like better with the Eris and a few that I really don't like about the Moto but I will manage. And the Moto just feels better in my hands. The Eris was a little dainty for me. I don't carry my phones in my pocket so the bigger size id not a big deal. I'm not knocking the Eris at all. It is a great phone. If the screen was bigger and the qwerty easier to work with I prolly would have kept it. But I'm pretty sure I made the right decision.

I do have to admit I miss Sense just a little.
Nice trade, my wife has the Eris and I have to say I love my motodroid

BartJJ

Reaction score
idk if its just me and my really long and skinny fingers, but ive gotten very use to the droid keyboard by typing "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" whenever i get bored and am just sitting around (uses every letter in the alphabet so your fingers learn where the keys are and how to push them ;) )

Rando

Reaction score
Try the Swype or Shapewriter app. Once you get used to it, you will never want to use the physical keyboard!

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Try the Swype or Shapewriter app. Once you get used to it, you will never want to use the physical keyboard!

Just downloaded Swype last night. Amazing how it works. Took me a few minutes to get the hang of it. Can't say that I could use it on a regular basis though.

get quad

Reaction score
good choice, I never really even considered an eris - gotta have my physical kb

mjones1052

Reaction score
Swype is amazing. I really don't know how it picks up the words sometimes because I am not even close, but I would say 95% of the time it is on point. And it's even better if you go in to the user dictionary and but common terms and slang that you use because obviously it picks all that up. But I can fill up the 160 letter max in about 15 seconds or so depending.