Touchscreen Goes by itself

Droid37

Reaction score
I've had my droid for less then 2 weeks with no problems until today. The screen presses buttons by itself. I searched for similar problems on the forum but all the other threads had narrowed it down to people using other chargers. I only use the default charger that came with my droid, the problem with my screen occurs whether it's plugged in charging or not. Whether its in my hand or on a flat surface it will open up things from the home desktop (only on the right hand side, Music and Google Maps), it will also open up the applications tab and then the scroll will be very spastic. It will also pull down the notifications tab by itself. Browsing through anything is impossible when the phone is doing this, it will open up random things/start typing when you are trying to navigate. While the phone is having these problems the 4 bottom buttons stay lit and are unresponsive or very slow

problem continues after a hard reset, droid doesn't

Last edited:

crspang

Reaction score
I've had my droid for less then 2 weeks with no problems until today. The screen presses buttons by itself. I searched for similar problems on the forum but all the other threads had narrowed it down to people using other chargers. I only use the default charger that came with my droid, the problem with my screen occurs whether it's plugged in charging or not. Whether its in my hand or on a flat surface it will open up things from the home desktop (only on the right hand side, Music and Google Maps), it will also open up the applications tab and then the scroll will be very spastic. It will also pull down the notifications tab by itself. Browsing through anything is impossible when the phone is doing this, it will open up random things/start typing when you are trying to navigate. While the phone is having these problems the 4 bottom buttons stay lit and are unresponsive or very slow

problem continues after a hard reset, droid doesn't

Have you installed any new apps or updated any apps recently?

OP
D

Droid37

Reaction score
yes, but when i took it to verizon today they wiped all the apps and told me to reinstall them one by one and see which one caused it. I have yet to reinstall any apps and the phone has gotten even worse, the problem is happening almost all the time now. Will they replace it with a brand new one or a "refurbished" one? If it's the latter it looks like I'll be getting that iPhone.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
If your still in your 30days then they have to give you a new Droid.
Just take it back and tell them you want an exchange, they have to give you an exchange!

chrissaid

Reaction score
my droid just started having the same issues tonight! and i've had mine since release date. so i'd have to get a refurbished reaplcement. let me know how it works out for you!

norrin

Reaction score
I have the same problem now. Suddenly the screen would touch and slide all by itself. I have tried a hard reset, but it still does same. The Droid is pretty useless with a non-functional screen. :angry:

Are there more people with this problem? Has anybody solved the problem? If so, please post how you did it!

aym35

Reaction score
Motorola Milestone Screen Presses and Touches on its Own

Same problem... slightly different.

I was in the middle of typing a txt msg when all of a sudden, the motorola milestone started pressing other keys and started navigating to other apps. A few reboots and a battery removals later, the problem persisted.

I then did a factory reset from the privacy page in the settings menu. Now, certain parts of the phone seem to be flaky... I can't press certain keys on the keyboard.

Telus says it'll take 2 weeks to a month for them to send it to be repaired... in the meanwhile they want to lend me a really old htc phone :(

dunetigger

Reaction score
I have been finding my new 5 week old moto droid opening up apps when i know i was in the home screen when I sat it on the counter and it was locked out. or sometimes my pictures will be open. for a week now my droid was locking up all the time. so i called verizon and they had me do a hard reset. and now I do not get 3G signal at all. I am so pissed off. I should have better for this money I spent on the DROID!.

norrin

Reaction score
I sent mine in for repair. They replaced the hole screen and the sliding connection. Looks like there's the problem since they mention a mechanical cause for the malfunction. They returned it within 3 days and my Milestone is working perfectly again. :icon_ banana: