Touch screen firmware update

Aliciayoung60

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone xmini
Ever since the new software update, my touchscreen has been acting up. It's like it works when it wants to. When I restart the phone and it reboots a little box pops up that says Android is upgrading, touchscreen firmware updating. Can anyone help me? I just bought this phone a month ago and they say I've voided the warranty so I can't return it. I'm desperate bc I can't use the phone with the screen acting like this.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

If you did an Asus update, your phone's warranty is not void. I assume you did not root the phone.

I suggest you backup your data and do a factory reset. Let us know if that fixes your issue.

OP
A

Aliciayoung60

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone xmini
I have done a soft reset and a hard reset, several times. Sadly, I keep getting the same results. At&t was no help at all. I found nothing on the Asus website either.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would take the phone back to the retailer and have them fix or replace it as it could be a hardware issue. Who is saying you voided the warranty?

OP
A

Aliciayoung60

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone xmini
I bought the phone from Wal-Mart, but it is the AT&T Asus Padfone mini. I contacted AT&T a few days ago and they said that since the liquid damage sticker has a speck of red on it, my warranty is voided. No exaggeration, a speck of red. There is zero liquid damage done to the phone. BUT, they are going to charge my credit card for the phone, then I send it back, and then I pray they replace it and reimburse me the money. I paid $216 for the phone, they want me to pay $210 for another one.

OP
A

Aliciayoung60

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone xmini
Weird part about all of this, the tablet works fine. It's just the phone that acts up.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I bought the phone from Wal-Mart, but it is the AT&T Asus Padfone mini. I contacted AT&T a few days ago and they said that since the liquid damage sticker has a speck of red on it, my warranty is voided. No exaggeration, a speck of red. There is zero liquid damage done to the phone. BUT, they are going to charge my credit card for the phone, then I send it back, and then I pray they replace it and reimburse me the money. I paid $216 for the phone, they want me to pay $210 for another one.
Why not just have it exchanged at Walmart?

OP
A

Aliciayoung60

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone xmini
Unfortunatly, I didn't buy a warranty at Wal-Mart. They only honor their receipt for 15 days.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Got cha...