Touch issues when charging, found weird fix

neccoguy21

Reaction score
When charging, my touch screen goes bonkers. There's some sort of short circuit or something, I can actually feel electricity running through the metal frame around the screen. I've tried every combination of plugs, chargers, wall outlets, power strips, extention cords, and usb cords (although I always only use the stock one). Same result with little difference.

I found out though that by keeping one finger held down on the metal frame, it grounds it... touch screen calms right down. Lift the finger and it goes haywire.

Strange?? Any thoughts anyone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jomama22

Reaction score
its because you are using an aftermarket charger that doesnt ground itself to the phone.

try with the usb cable and a computer and see what happenes

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
its because you are using an aftermarket charger that doesnt ground itself to the phone.

try with the usb cable and a computer and see what happenes

Been there done that. It just takes a second or two longer to build up to that point. Even the stock usb cable and wall plug plugged straight into the wall causes the issue. Stock usb cable to computer same thing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I have noticed that when my phone is charging from a PC or from the OEM charger that whenever i pick up the phone while it is attached to the charger I get a shock. It is for this reason I plugging the phone into a PC whenever possible, I would hate to lose all my USB ports