Total backup?

valnar

Reaction score
What's the best way to backup everything on your Droid before you start messing with it to root it? I have 2.1 and want to root my Droid but want to make sure I can get it back to normal in case I mess up. I don't mind if I have to pay for an app. Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to backup everything on your Droid before you start messing with it to root it? I have 2.1 and want to root my Droid but want to make sure I can get it back to normal in case I mess up. I don't mind if I have to pay for an app. Thanks.

Use Titanium to back up your apps. Gmail backs up your contacts so that's not a concern. And you can restore with Clockwork or SPRecovery, I think Clockwork is the one everyone is shifting to.

It seems impossible to brick the phone but if you get in trouble let us know and we can get you to the right spot to bail you out. Do some reading first so you fully understand what you're doing before you root your phone. Check out the Hacks section for that.

OP
V

valnar

Reaction score

Use Titanium to back up your apps. Gmail backs up your contacts so that's not a concern. And you can restore with Clockwork or SPRecovery, I think Clockwork is the one everyone is shifting to.

It seems impossible to brick the phone but if you get in trouble let us know and we can get you to the right spot to bail you out. Do some reading first so you fully understand what you're doing before you root your phone. Check out the Hacks section for that.

Fellow AVS member?..... Thanks Hookbill.