Torrent clients

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
so...anyone know of any (best) torrent clients...i am currently using VUZE but i heard bitcomet was the best??

scubasteve101

Reaction score
Sorry I thought you meant something used to control your torrents from your phone. As far as a windows client I agree with jroc, uTorrent all the way

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sorry I thought you meant something used to control your torrents from your phone. As far as a windows client I agree with jroc, uTorrent all the way
lol thats ok phone works too haha but have u guys used any of the others before settling with uTorrent?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used Azureus, (I think thats called VUZE now) Bitcomet, Shareaza, Flashget, Bit Tornado (that was the first one I used years ago, got replaced with Azureus when it first came out.)

Main reason I went with uTorrent was compared to Azureus, it didnt slowdown the PC. I havent used Azureus, Vuze in years so I dont know if it still does. Azureus did work good out the box tho. It took many versions of uTorrent to match that out the box experience.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I used Azureus, (I think thats called VUZE now) Bitcomet, Shareaza, Flashget, Bit Tornado (that was the first one I used years ago, got replaced with Azureus when it first came out.)

Main reason I went with uTorrent was compared to Azureus, it didnt slowdown the PC. I havent used Azureus, Vuze in years so I dont know if it still does. Azureus did work good out the box tho. It took many versions of uTorrent to match that out the box experience.
yea i noticed how slow my pc got during a torrent download...damn it lol

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
I use uTorrent. Its lightweight and gets the job done.

yeah, everythign else out there now is bloat. Vuze is the WORST, the footprint on that program is like that of a yeti.

also, wrt speed, you are goig to want to cap your UPLOAD a little below your max, because if you peg the upload speed, it's goign to slow down everything as TCP connections require to send out ack packets and if the upload is pegged, it will be a lot slower to do so and thus slowdown the download speeds a lot.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
is it possible to download a torrent straight to the phone?

Edit: found Torrent-Fu

Comments? Suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to let this thread stay open, but if we start to see any talk about transferring free movies, television shows, music, etc. we will shut it down. Just keep everything straight.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
I'm going to let this thread stay open, but if we start to see any talk about transferring free movies, television shows, music, etc. we will shut it down. Just keep everything straight.

On my last thread you closed in the Off Topic area...

The P!rate B@y IS BACK UP AND RUNNING BABY! WaHOOO!!! :)

pyro6128

Reaction score
I'm on a mac and use transmission, anyone have any thoughts on that one. Is there something better I should try?

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
dnt see why they would have to close this... all i asked was ppls opinion on torrent clients =]

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i like utorrent it is lite runs smooth plus if you are into stuff like i am it adds missing .net files that normal installs or updates miss

The P!rate B@y IS BACK UP AND RUNNING BABY! WaHOOO!!! :)

tpb is still fending off the lawsuit crap they was going thru. They was shafted how can a free region all of a sudden press charges over us copyright laws?

They are open just be careful they are still in the watch list ALTHOUGH i thought they was only down for 3 days

dnt see why they would have to close this... all i asked was ppls opinion on torrent clients =]

it is because this site want to be affiliated in the kind of mess that comes with copyright infringement and torrents is one of the main tools for that kind of stuff.

Which i dont see why people d/l movies when you can just watch them online w/o violating copyright laws. hell i only watch a movie once why would i need a b/u lol

with the new comcast xfinity you can watch all new releases for small price

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how it's used, the bit torrent protocol is one of the most effective means for sharing files across many users.

And uTorrent is my personal favorite.