Top Five Features of Droid X

Mojo

Reaction score
The DROID X is built for a fantastic video watching experience. It's essentially a pocket-sized Home Theater with a 4.3" vibrant display, High Definition 720p video recording and the ability to view it directly on your HD TV at home via an optional HDMI cable. Combine that with Swype®, High-speed mobile browsing, 3G Mobile HotSpot and a 1GHz processor and this DROID is extreme!

Ultimate Video Experience
Watch live sports, latest local and national news, weather and full length episodes of family shows right from the massive 4.3" display with V CAST Video on Demand. Need to kill some time? Rent or purchase a movie directly from the DROID X and watch in all its glory from wherever you are.
HD Video Capture
The DROID X is an extension of the DROID family providing a very theatrical experience in the palm of your hands.
Hi-Def 720p video capture
HDMI video port for HD playback
3 microphones for noise cancellation
8MP camera with a dual flash
Earth Shattering Web Experience
Experience the web like never before with Flash-capable viewing and a blazing fast 1GHz processor. When available in August, Flash 10.1 will provide an even better web experience since 70% of online gaming sites, 85% of top 100 websites, and 70% of all web videos currently use Flash.
Get Customized
Want access to 50,000+ apps? Check
Want widgets? Check
Need information live and up-to-date? Check
DROID Does customization and notifications like others dream of. The possibilities are almost endless with the DROID X in your hand.

Tons of Capabilities
8GB of internal memory for apps, contacts and messages
A pre-installed 16GB microSD card with the ability to support up to a 32GB microSD card
3G Mobile Hotspot*
1GHz Processor
Swype

jcardona1

Reaction score
have you seen the HD video recording? it's awful!

I'm not sure everyone bases their phone purchase on how good the camera is. I'm not.
of course not. most people here are way beyond that. but it IS a major selling point from verizon, and this will appeal to the average non-techy user. but when they see how crappy the camera and video recording is, there will some disappointed people out there

Chris-pee

Reaction score
looks about the same as my pos samsung u10 pocket hd cam. No biggie though, still bound to be better than the Droids camera and video capture.

we_suffer

Reaction score
I am not really interested in the ability to watch videos on my future Droid X. I mean sure I might want to watch a few youtube videos here and there but I really doubt I'd ever want to watch an entire episode of Seinfeld on it.

However I do hope the video recording capabilities are as good as the specs suggest as well as the photos. Not that I am a photo freak, but it would be nice to be able to take photos and or videos of stuff and not have it look like I was drunk in a bowl of pea soup like my current phone makes pictures look.

we_suffer

Reaction score
Engadget said the camera is really good.
Yeah but there are naysayers every where proclaiming it is garbage. :\

Time will tell, but regardless as long as it makes calls, runs apps well, and surfs the web relatively fast I'll be happy.

By everywhere I mean in a lot of the forums I visit. Which is funny because none of them have used it, they only base their statements upon footage that is released.

Last edited:

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Guys, cameras suck on all cell phones. It will continue to suck on the Droid X. Get over it. We need to get over the camera thing. :p

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
This whole camera situation is not deterring me away from the DX at all. I dont mind not having the best camera phone in the world, because im not buying the phone for its camera, im buying a smartphone. Im buying the phone because it does ALOT of different things very well. Plus it seems to be the best Droid phone for the buck at this time. I like the bigger screen as i have larger hands so its great. The DX kills the i4 in speed and browser speed though..woot.

Reaction score
I'm satisfied with the camera in my MotoDroid, so I'm pretty sure the DX camera will be ok to me lol. Camera phones arent meant to replace high end digital cameras, they're just there to snap images when a camera isnt available.

dothedroid

Reaction score
Naysayers

Are people that are just upset that they got a Droid, But now they want the Droid X and cant have it so they try to discourage others from getting it by downplaying something they haven't even held in their hands...... And wont unless they are holding their friends...... Hahahahahahaha So Quit Hating fools

Reaction score
Are people that are just upset that they got a Droid, But now they want the Droid X and cant have it so they try to discourage others from getting it by downplaying something they haven't even held in their hands...... And wont unless they are holding their friends...... Hahahahahahaha So Quit Hating fools

I dont think thats the issue. I got the Droid on release day in November, and while I normally wouldnt have an upgrade available till November of this year, I have 2 lines set up which gives me the ability to upgrade every 6 months if there's a phone I want. I REALLY like the X, but now because of the encrypted bootloader I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to get the X tomorrow, or wait for the Samsung Fascinate later this summer, or maybe even just hold out to see what the next gen dual core LTE phones offer. I really think the X is a better phone than the Fascinate, but the Fascinate not having an encrypted bootloader might edge out the X in my opinion. Still undecided.