[TOOL] ezSBF

FullMetalGuitar412

Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this: I throw one of your .iso files onto a CD. Then, on a MAC or PC, run the "OS" and let it flash my phone? That's quite impressive. Now, did anyone test flashing from any other ROM with this? For example: I'm currently running Liberty 3 (GB) ROM, which installed from the OTA GB update. I can, if I want, use your .iso to flash back to FroYo and not brick my phone?

Here's the dumb question: Looking at your screenshot of the post-flash screen where it tells you to press this and wipe that.. Your wording was confusing: What do I have to "Install again (I think it said)?"

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
it doesn't matter what rom you are running, it's recommended that you wipe data after sbf

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

FullMetalGuitar412

Reaction score
it doesn't matter what rom you are running, it's recommended that you wipe data after sbf

So, technically, I can switch between FroYo and GB anytime I want w/out bricking my phone? And yes, I've flashed FroYo from rooted FroYo once before. Did it on emulated linux installed onto (I believe) VM Ware. I just didn't process everything from his screenshot that I read; it said "remove the battery and reinstall" I was just skimming and saw "reinstall." sorry for the useless bother on that one!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
yes, froyo to gb and back

fyi:the new moto updates, on other phones have blocked SBF and rooting
Update for droid 2, is likely coming soon

pobzeb

Reaction score
The next hurdle...

I ran the OTA for 2.3.4 and tried to SBF back to 2.3.20 but as pretty much everyone now knows, you brick your phone if you do that. Well, my Droid 2 is now stuck at the bootloader with the "Service Required" message and I have yet to find an SBF to get it working again. I suppose that I am looking for a 2.3.4 SBF file and I wanted to know if anyone has found one yet?

Thanks,
Pobzeb

fletcher

Reaction score
I'm stuck in this situation and sure could use a fix....

Bootloader
D2.35
Err:A5,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Tranfer Mode: USB

Hope someone gets a new SBF file out soon!

fletcher

Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately I can't contribute to the fix since my 2 Droid2s are bricked but hopefully there's a new sbf to test. Nothing to lose at this point!

Reaction score
Wow is all I have to say. I used this tool yesterday on my D2 and it worked flawlessly. I have never had to SBF before so I had no idea what to expect. This tool is as newbie proof as they come. Thanks to 1KDS for making this. I recently upgraded to the Razr and not really dived deep into it yet, just rooted it for now, reading up on it. I hope there is as much support for the Razr as there is for the D2. Thanks again 1KDS.

fletcher

Reaction score
You must not have installed the last OTA update which is causing these issues. I upgraded to the Razr Maxx several months ago and haven't kept up with the D2 threads which was my mistake. Went to sell my old D2s and wanted to clear all data, etc so pulled out the the trusty RSD Lite method which ALWAYS worked before and it failed. Also ran thru the latest method advertised in this thread and no dice... only hope is a leaked SBF that works with the new boot loader.

Reaction score
I think a fix will be released soon. Too many talented people working on a solution. I think it is just a matter of time.

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

wooddale

Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a root program for the d2 after the last update

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
none yet

Randaltb

Reaction score
I have used the 4.5.602.ISO with success,(Thank a ton!!)
I also have a DX running system 4.5.621, I have seen a few posts saying if I try it on this phone it will brick :icon_eek:

Is there an iso for DX Running Android 2.3.4 System 4.5.621 yet.

Cheers

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There isn't one for 4.5.621, it soft bricked a couple phones, you can use the MX_4.5.604 version though, it flashes the nTelos Milestone X 4.5.604 firmware that can be rooted.