took the plunge

coltzfan

Reaction score
Well I have had a rooted OG droid since the second week it was out many moons ago and have alot of fun with it. I was eligible for an early upgrade and considered many options. The Thunderbolt, waiting for Bionic, but after taking to a good friend at verizon store, he explained to me that my area of the country will not get 4G until probably 2013. So getting the TB or Bionic would be pointless as it would not be able to function at its full capacity. And of course, there will never be an Iphone with my name on it so I decided on the DX. I am thinking it will be here on monday or tuesday, and knowing me, 30 minutes after I activate it, it will probably be rooted. LOL

So goodbye to my "one bad@$$ Droid" as she has been named, and hello to "insert new name here" LOL

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No question that the Droid is a BA. I've loved mine. Like you, I rooted mine and have had quite a lot of fun. I've been eligible for an upgrade since last October but nothing has caught my attention. For now, I'm keeping my Droid. The TB is high on my list but I'm holding off until I know it can be rooted. If not, then the X, Incredible and perhaps the Incredible 2 will be my replacement.

Enjoy your X.

Mike

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mike, just so you know the TB has already been rooted. That's right rooted before release.

tappin and a talkin

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Mike I just got another text from Verizon just now. FREE VZW msg: Great News! Your Acct has a line eligible 2 upgrade at our best promotional price on the device of your choice w/ 2yr agreement. Call 800-252-3837 TODAY! or visit www.vzw.com/accountanalysis for details on all offers available to your account. 2 opt out reply X

I've been ready to upgrade since August of '10 and have yet to pull the trigger. Hang in there! Don't do anything yet lol.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mike, just so you know the TB has already been rooted. That's right rooted before release.

tappin and a talkin

Thanks Spazz. Earlier this week, one of the developers, who I wil not name, told me that the TB had already been rooted. Word travels fast :biggrin:

Mike I just got another text from Verizon just now. FREE VZW msg: Great News! Your Acct has a line eligible 2 upgrade at our best promotional price on the device of your choice w/ 2yr agreement. Call 800-252-3837 TODAY! or visit www.vzw.com/accountanalysis for details on all offers available to your account. 2 opt out reply X

I've been ready to upgrade since August of '10 and have yet to pull the trigger. Hang in there! Don't do anything yet lol.

I've very content with my Droid. It is a work horse and so, for now, I simply have no reason to change. :)

Mike

Technoman

Reaction score

tappin and a talkin

Thanks Spazz. Earlier this week, one of the developers, who I wil not name, told me that the TB had already been rooted. Word travels fast :biggrin:

I've very content with my Droid. It is a work horse and so, for now, I simply have no reason to change. :)

Mike

But the X is such a wonderful phone. I got mine back in Oct I think it was, and have been very pleased with my decision.

Thinking the Bionic will be my next phone, but time will tell. Loving the idea of the dual core processor idea though.