To root or not... that is not my only question

drunkclever

Reaction score
I download the bat app. My RAZR Max is rather warn. I play and have invested a significant amount of time playing clash of clans. If I used the bat app to root my phone will I loose my data?

Is it just the bat app... no other app?

I want to delete all the apps that I don't use.

Stock...

View attachment 70354

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Soccerref12

Reaction score
When you root, you reflash stock and factory reset the device in the process. You lose everything when you do the factory reset. You will need to see if you can back up data within the app itself...

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
OK thank very much

Reaction score
I download the bat app. My RAZR Max is rather warn. I play and have invested a significant amount of time playing clash of clans. If I used the bat app to root my phone will I loose my data?

Is it just the bat app... no other app?

I want to delete all the apps that I don't use.

Stock...

View attachment 70354

Just rooting your phone will not cause you to lose anything. Depends on what you want to do after you root. If you want to just gain root access to use some apps that require root then no need to worry. If you are looking to try different roms then yes you will need to wipe it between roms. Once you are rooted you can install Titanium Backup to back up all the apps and app data. Hope this helps.

Soccerref12

Reaction score
That's correct, rooting, by itself does nothing to change your device except now you have access to the system files. If you use Matt's utility the first few steps do a factory reset which will wipe you device. You'll need to skip those steps.