Titanium Backup Questions.

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a couple questions about this program.

It backs up everything correct?
Can you backup one rom and load a completly different rom and restore to the new rom? Eg Droid X on 2.2 then loading a custom rom when it drops like bugless and restore.
Any specific things i should know before doing this?

you_scrubb

Reaction score
With the titanium backup it backs up all apps and app data. You want to make sure u get the donate version or you will have to install each app one by one. In order to save and switch roms you should use rom manager. It will also let u backup ur phone exactly as it is with homescreens in place. Also u want to get the paid version for more roms to choose from. I believe it allows u to load up roms you find also but I haven't tried it yet.

OP
Fanatic1074

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
I will, if i plan to revert back to the same rom. I talking about if i were to switch roms. Like from stock rom to bugless or something. Will it work for that?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will, if i plan to revert back to the same rom. I talking about if i were to switch roms. Like from stock rom to bugless or something. Will it work for that?

id use recovery if you want to go back to what you had (exact settings) before installing

OP
Fanatic1074

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
LOL, ok. Nevermind ill just try it and see what happens. I think your missing the question. Thanks for the other info though. :)

Reaction score
You guys are totally misunderstanding what he is asking.

He doesn't want to nandroid backup his roms. He wants his data.

He wants to flash a new rom and then restore his apps and the data intact.

Yes you can do that depending on the app. Most apps you can do this with restoring settings most likely not.

Most of my data is backed up to the cloud via google but I have two apps that can only be backed up with Titanium. I restore only the apps and no data and then let google sync up and restore my contacts and so forth. Then I restore the two apps that I need to have a data backup on.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes i didnt see the "to" in the OP. yes TIbackup will backup apps and data and IMO is the best way to go between ROMs

you can also use recovery like i was saying before but only backup data and then restore the data that way, too..

OP
Fanatic1074

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
Thank you, yes thats what i was asking. And im not as concerned about apps and app data as i am about call log, MMS msgs, clock settings ect. All that will move over ok correct?

you_scrubb

Reaction score
I got a question to add. Can titanium put my apps back where I had them on my home screen.

Back from the Future.

blueis300

Reaction score
Ok i had titanium backup installed , went to liberty rom. I kept everything but lost my contacts. Thats the most important thing. I reinstalled liberty because the first install was screwed. I see all my stuff but becasue the new rom some has a line threw it like contacts but there there. I did a restore and it brought back some of my apps that were installed. So is there a way to get my contacts back? I had backup assistant but thats just for blackberry. I go to myverizon and hit contacts and it starts to search or pull up but keeps working.