Titanium Backup Questions

JRogers1978

Reaction score
Can someone familiar with this app tell me what I did wrong? I purchased the "Donate" version the other day and applied the key. I then backed everything up and confirmed it was showing up as backed up in the app. I then updated my phone to Bugless Beast v1.0 using the nandroid method. Since I lost all my data, I re-installed Titanium Backup from the market and re-applied the key. I then looked under backed up apps and nothing was there!

I ended up having to manually download everything again from the market :mad:. When I backed up my apps using Astro a few weeks back when I installed Bugless Beauty they were all there. I was expecting the same thing hence the reason I shelled out the $3.99 for the better version.

Thanks in advance!

jcardona1

Reaction score
i had the same issue when i did a wipe. its something with the busybox. is your busybox working correctly? after following these steps on Joel's site, everything worked great and was backed up in a matter of minutes. even all my custom icons and shortcuts. this is an amazing app :D

here's the link: Titanium Backup

(site appears to be down right now though. send an email to Joel if you cant get it to work. hes super fast on replying and extremely helpful

Logan3824

Reaction score
You shouldn't have had to reapply your license key since it stays in the root of your SD card...What I did was back up all apps + system data, then I nandroid to 2.1BB, then when I went into the market I did have to reinstall Titanium Backup, but once I did I was able to go to "Backup/Restore" and was able to restore everything...Are you sure you backed everything up right?

jcardona1

Reaction score
You shouldn't have had to reapply your license key since it stays in the root of your SD card...What I did was back up all apps + system data, then I nandroid to 2.1BB, then when I went into the market I did have to reinstall Titanium Backup, but once I did I was able to go to "Backup/Restore" and was able to restore everything...Are you sure you backed everything up right?
yeah. my only problem was the broken busybox which i had to install again for some reason

OP
JRogers1978

JRogers1978

Reaction score

Yup, everything said it was backed up. Like jcardona said it might have been an issue with busybox. I plan on updating to BB 1.1 this weekend so I can get the Live Wallpapers so I'll give it another try then. I could probably just go the update.zip route but I'll just do a nandroid restore so I can test this.

Thanks for the help guys!