Titanium backup question

benhar

Reaction score
Quick question...

About to go from BB 2.1 to the latest BB Froyo... I've backed up my apps and data with Ti backup, but have never restored anything with it before. After intalling the new rom (I intend to wipe data & cache several times), should I have any issues restoring my apps with Ti backup?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I found when going from 2.1 to 2.2 that I had some issues. Aldiko, the book app is one example. Restoring it messed up the way titles looked. Wasn't Titanium Backups fault I think it was how the app, or where, it was stored or something. Redownloading that from the market made the app fine then I just had to reload my books again....no big deal.

There were one or two other apps that I got back "better" by redownloading from the market vs restoring through TB. 98% of TB apps were fine. I only mention it because if something doesn't seem to work right, delete it (you have it on TB anyways) and try the market version to see if that makes it better. The restore feature works great, piece of cake.

Z

ZeroBarrier

BB v0.4 will auto-restore all your market apps (just make sure to sign in at the setup screen), so don't restore any apps with TiB. After it's totally done restoring market apps, install non market apps, and after all that is said and done, restore app data for any app that you really need to (keep it to a minimum if possible).

Do these steps one at a time slowly, watching for any app/app data that might break something in the ROM, you'll avoid a world of hurt this way.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, if you do have trouble, restoring without data should help for those apps that don't work.

darreno1

Reaction score
I used it and it worked fine. But I had to install all the apps before it would recognize them to restore. I guess that's probably for copyright protection. I had no issues with restoring both app and data but I found it better to reinstall the program and just restore the data.

OP
B

benhar

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I was pleasantly suprised to see my apps still installed (that didn't happen the first time I installed a ROM), so I will just restore the user data for a few apps.

ellisz

Reaction score
I would make sure you have a good data connection. I had issues when I went to Froyo and I think it was because I left the phone in my office. I have read of others that had issues because their data connection was not that great when they logged back in.

Just an FYI. Might not be an issue for most though. Wifi did not cover everything.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I was pleasantly suprised to see my apps still installed (that didn't happen the first time I installed a ROM), so I will just restore the user data for a few apps.

I think the market has gotten better at this. It is supposed to know which apps you downloaded, and re-get them for you. I find this works with most, but not all of my apps. For some, as I mentioned, I was better off uninstalling then using the TB versions...like for Ultimatefave the backup had everything. Sounds like you're sitting good.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I was just lucky but when I installed my first Froyo (bb v0.1) all of my app automatically reloaded.

After signing in to my Google account, I turned on wifi and in about 15 minutes everything was loaded.

Mike

MagicMiloX

Reaction score
BB v0.4 will auto-restore all your market apps (just make sure to sign in at the setup screen), so don't restore any apps with TiB. After it's totally done restoring market apps, install non market apps, and after all that is said and done, restore app data for any app that you really need to (keep it to a minimum if possible).

Do these steps one at a time slowly, watching for any app/app data that might break something in the ROM, you'll avoid a world of hurt this way.

Can't wait to use this for next version of BB.

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I want to clean up all my backups. How do I delete old backups and start fresh?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
pretty sure theres a batch option to do this