Titanium Backup Paid Install

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright, first I let you guys talk me into rooting. Then I went back to stock. While I was in stock I kept hearing about Titanium and wow what a great back up this is.

I ignored you. I had a back up thank you that was working well.

So the next thing I know Froyo is available and by everything holy you don't even need to be rooted. Yes! I'll take it. And I did. Only it had a few glitches here and there, some of them kind of major. Then Froyo 2 came out and I said yes, I'll take it.

And I got rooted when I did that.

Oh well, since I'm rooted I might as well go ahead and overclock, etc. I already had paid for setCPU, and a few other apps requiring root.

Then comes out the newest version of Froyo! But it says you should have busybox installed. And you can get busybox from titanium. So reluctantly I went to the Market and much to my surprise, there is Titanium. Free. Only I find out it doesn't work quite that well free, you really need the paid app (only $3.99) and click here, not in the market.

So OK, I go ahead and click the link only now it's 5.99! What the flock? OK I pay the 5.99 but now I got to to get my paypal account password. Down to my computer I go and I was shocked when I found out what that password was. Wouldn't you like to know? Anyway I paid and I go to sleep.

This morning I have a nice email from the dev thanking me for my "donation" and advising me that all I have to do is unzip the file and place it on my SD card. Huh? The preview takes me into Astro and I spend an hour trying to figure out how this works. Finally I say forget this, well it was another word that began with an f and I mount my Droid. Then I see the file place it on my SD card and now I've got the paid Titanium.

What a pain in the rear. I know sometimes I'm not the brightest star in the sky but couldn't they make it a bit more clearer on how to install this thing?

Anyway that's my rant. It's going to be a great day. Enjoy yours.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hm, the most painful thing was waiting the 2 hours to get my key heh...maybe he changed the wording of his more recent emails but the directions guided me just fine.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright, first I let you guys talk me into rooting. Then I went back to stock. While I was in stock I kept hearing about Titanium and wow what a great back up this is.

I ignored you. I had a back up thank you that was working well.

So the next thing I know Froyo is available and by everything holy you don't even need to be rooted. Yes! I'll take it. And I did. Only it had a few glitches here and there, some of them kind of major. Then Froyo 2 came out and I said yes, I'll take it.

And I got rooted when I did that.

Oh well, since I'm rooted I might as well go ahead and overclock, etc. I already had paid for setCPU, and a few other apps requiring root.

Then comes out the newest version of Froyo! But it says you should have busybox installed. And you can get busybox from titanium. So reluctantly I went to the Market and much to my surprise, there is Titanium. Free. Only I find out it doesn't work quite that well free, you really need the paid app (only $3.99) and click here, not in the market.

So OK, I go ahead and click the link only now it's 5.99! What the flock? OK I pay the 5.99 but now I got to to get my paypal account password. Down to my computer I go and I was shocked when I found out what that password was. Wouldn't you like to know? Anyway I paid and I go to sleep.

This morning I have a nice email from the dev thanking me for my "donation" and advising me that all I have to do is unzip the file and place it on my SD card. Huh? The preview takes me into Astro and I spend an hour trying to figure out how this works. Finally I say forget this, well it was another word that began with an f and I mount my Droid. Then I see the file place it on my SD card and now I've got the paid Titanium.

What a pain in the rear. I know sometimes I'm not the brightest star in the sky but couldn't they make it a bit more clearer on how to install this thing?

Anyway that's my rant. It's going to be a great day. Enjoy yours.

This was all just for busybox?

Go to the market. Search for Busybox. Install it. Done.

There are a few apps in the market that can't be sold due to the country the developer is located in. That leaves the Paypal or some other route. This often also means different time zones so you lose that whole instant purchase thing we are used to getting via the web too.

At least now you can backup your backup app:)

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you had clicked the price box it showed 3.99 also.
I've bought a few for friends as gifts with last few weeks.

what did free version not allow? I know the paid loads faster and allows scheduling.

markwebb

Reaction score
if you had clicked the price box it showed 3.99 also.
I've bought a few for friends as gifts with last few weeks.

what did free version not allow? I know the paid loads faster and allows scheduling.

Yes, you have to verify that the correct price box is checked; it does default to 5.99 though, so be careful.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Really?

From start to finish the whole process took about 2 minutes for me. The dev is very clear in his instructions and I am pretty sure he has to do it this way because he lives in a country that doesn't allow developers to charge for apps. Not only that but like a poster above me said, there are many ways to get busybox, and I am pretty sure one of those is the free version of Titanium. If putting a file in the root of your sdcard is to much of a hassle I am not sure how you managed to gain root access.