Titanium Backup 3.3.2

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you do a wipe you're wiping your SD card... so you wouldn't have any data to recover even if you downloaded Titanium again - it stores the backup on the SD card.

If you wipe wont you also wipe Titanium?
Im more lost than you on this i believe. But from what Iv read it stores everything on the SD card. So when you get everything back up you redownload it from the market then it should put everything back. At least thats what i believe

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you do a wipe you're wiping your SD card... so you wouldn't have any data to recover even if you downloaded Titanium again - it stores the backup on the SD card.
I've never had it wipe my SD card when I've done a wipe, and I've done it tons of times installing various ROMS. In fact, I have often done a Titanium Backup of my apps, then installed TI, then restored from the backup it puts on the SD card.

Not sure what you're doing, but a normal wipe via the recovery shouldn't wipe your SD card.

northernmoris

Reaction score

If you wipe wont you also wipe Titanium?
Im more lost than you on this i believe. But from what Iv read it stores everything on the SD card. So when you get everything back up you redownload it from the market then it should put everything back. At least thats what i believe

Over the weekend I did a full wipe of data and cache, then reloaded thru .sbf to get back 2.1. After it was all said and done I rooted, got back Titanium, restored and got everything back just the way it was.

dakoop

Reaction score
Titanium seems to be missing a lot of apps when restoring. Anybody else having that issue?

BuglessFan

Reaction score
A wipe does NOT wipe your SD card, just the phone memory. Titanium keeps app data and settings and individual apps can be restored or the bunch of them. Nandroid backups can only restore the entire phone memory not just the apps or just the ROMs. Titanium does nothing to backup the ROM, but does back up all apps, their data, and system data, whether on the phone or the SD card.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Titanium seems to be missing a lot of apps when restoring. Anybody else having that issue?
No. The only missing ones should be ROM specific apps installed in /system instead of /data. There is a setting (maybe only on the paid version, I haven't been on unpaid for so long that I don't know about that) to try to help bridge moving from one ROM to another that's marked as beta or experimental. If someone has a kanged voice dialer or extras in the old ROM then that won't restore on your new ROM. I usually have 8-12 of those when moving from ROM to ROM, but in dozens of wipe/flashes using Titanium Backup I've never had a single regular unthemed/unassociated with the ROM app fail to restore.

ksbell0906

Reaction score
i just paid 3.99 for the full version can anyone help me to get it on my phone it says this but im not sure how to do this, ive rooted with easy root and this is the first time i have even pluged my phone to a comp

This is your license file for Titanium Backup.
# (Do not modify this file)
#
# Instructions:
# - Copy this file (TitaniumBackup_license.txt) to your SD card (not in a folder)
# - Start Titanium Backup and verify that your registration info is displayed
# - If not, please uninstall and then reinstall Titanium Backup
# - Optional: delete this file from your SD card
#

northernmoris

Reaction score
i just paid 3.99 for the full version can anyone help me to get it on my phone it says this but im not sure how to do this, ive rooted with easy root and this is the first time i have even pluged my phone to a comp

#
# Instructions:
# - Copy this file (TitaniumBackup_license.txt) to your SD card (not in a folder)
#

The way I did it was as follows:
1: plugged my sd card into my comp.
2: opened up sd card, opened up file
3: dragged file onto card..

You should be able to do it similarly, just open up your sd card from comp and just drag the file to the card.

zeroforum

Reaction score

#
# Instructions:
#

Similarly, you can open up the file in Gmail, download to sdcard, then use ASTRO to move it to the main sdcard directory (long click the file, hit Edit, then move. Navigate to /sdcard, then hit Edit on the bar on top, then Paste). Open Titanium, and hit MENU > ... > Reload Application. Should work.