Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
motorola_droidX_blockbuster.jpg

If you feel like I do then you should know that the vzw iphone will be free of vzw preloaded apps. And I think its time we get back to the OG droid that is free of bloat.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apple will not allow vzw to preinstall apps on their product and they are smart. The problem is as a droid owner I pay just as much money as an iphone owner and my phone gets loaded down with no way to remove them. After reading that vzw will allow apple to go with out preloaded apps I got angry and wanted to know why my droid got loaded down. So today I called verizon and they said that it was the manufacturer at fault. So I called both htc and motorola.

Motorola heard my complaint and said they would pass it up the chain. HTC the rep said it is part of the operating system and they are not going to change it (that was one rep). As a customer their is power in numbers. If one person says their gas pedal is sticking they my get called a moron, but if a bunch of people come out then the manufacturer will have to recall and look at the issue or lose their customer fan base. Motorola and HTC, the top dogs in the android world, will be going toe to toe with arguably the best smart phone manufacturer in apple. Motorola needs their fan base and want to put up numbers to impress stock holders and keep the money rolling. You as the customer are a big part of making that happen and it is on each of us to dictate what we want to purchase.
If they are not gonna sell the droids at a much lower price then their should not be bloat on the devices period. You work hard for your money and you have the right to expect the best for a high end product.
So if you are tired of the bloatware that can not be deleted then it is time to form your own destiny and not take what is given to you. Because the precious droid bionic that most of us would like is already getting loaded with bloat. What is the point of 2ghz processor if you have half the ram of the atrix and its bloated.

If you feel like I do then call up motorola and hit up their live support I would like to see every member here and on other android forums who love their droids but tired of the bloat let motorola, htc, and vzw know how you really feel. Telling us and posting on our forum does little cuz we do not make the product but calling motorola and letting them know can make a big difference. We are a large community if you combine all the Droid forums and we pay at minimum $80 a month. SO each one of us is $2000 to vzw and $600 to motorola and htc...money talks and if the customers are unhappy they will make a change. But because no one is calling them on it then they think we love the bloat.

Call motorola: 1800-331-6456

Motorola live chat: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Call and bug them on their live chat and encourage other droid users to do the same or your bionic will be a locked and loaded ad the droid x, droid 2, and droid 2 global. I have the droid 2 and my device runs much faster and smoother on an Aosp rom then the loaded up version that is stock.
I will post a copy of my live chat.

AFter talking to a live support make sure to speak to call their headquarters here:
1800-734-5870 and ask to speak to a level 2 and or supervisor.

And last email verizon your feelings:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

Thanks to all for your help and participation, I believe if we work together and make our feelings known that we will atleast be able to say we went down giving them our best shot.....and at most get devices that are clean and open for the customer to DECIDE what apps he/ she want on THEIR device that they PAID money for.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here is my chat with a live support for motorola:

chat_agent.png
Ceasar: Hi, my name is Ceasar. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: first can i get a copy of this emailed to me
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: after we are done
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: I had the iphone 3gs and switched to the original droid 1 on release date. I now have a droid 2 and look forward to the bionic but there is an issue that troubles me
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: Why do motorola insist on putting preloaded apps on the newer droids that we can not delete
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: Like what type of apps?
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: the droid 2, droid x, droid pro, and droid x comes loaded with kindle, blockbuster, need for speed, and other apps that are on trial base and I can not delete them.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: We as the customer would like the option to remove those apps. Android o.s, unlike apple, is an open system which allow the user to choose what they want on their phone. If you guys load up our phonw with apps we can not delete then you are just being apple jr.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: Oh and verizon is allowing apple to release their iphone with out the preloaded apps. And last I checked it cost the same for the iphone as the droids so please can you guys not put preloaded apps on the future android devices like the droid bionic.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback. We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department, pc747.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: I assure you, this will certainly be passed on.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: Thank you, I like the droid products but all we ask as a customer base is allow us to dictate what we want, if you gonna preload them the allow us to delete it after 15 days or so.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: That is all I have can i get a copy of this emailed to me, thanks
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: and thanks for your time
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: I fully understand your concern.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: That is all I have for you today, thank you sir
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: You're welcome.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
chat_alert.png
Ceasar has disconnected.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
did my part pc : )

Rhea: Hi, my name is Rhea. How may I help you?
cereal killer: Hi Rhea.......
cereal killer: How can we get Verizon to stop pushing the bloatware to our Android devices?
cereal killer: Apple has restricted them from doing this
cereal killer: but we who love Android have to deal with it
Rhea: I apologize for the inconvenience. What is the model of the phone?
cereal killer: we have to hack our devices to get it off
cereal killer: Droid 1
cereal killer: A855
cereal killer: They have put in on the X and Droid 2 Global as well
Rhea: Just want to verify, the bloatware are preloaded applications on the phone and we could not delete them.
cereal killer: yes
Rhea: Do you mean that those applications are not there before and now your service provider have put it there?
cereal killer: no i was just going to clarify that. It comes preloaded
cereal killer: I said pushed but I meant preloadedand forced
Rhea: Oh, okay and you wanted to remove it, correct?
cereal killer: Yes alot of us do
Rhea: I am so sorry but we could not remove or delete preloaded applications on the phone.
cereal killer: Can you guys stop this practice and force VZW to not subject us to this?
cereal killer: Apple has told them no and they listened
Rhea: I apologize. Rest assured that everything on my end is documented and recorded so this concern will be investigated and escalated so Motorola can do an immediate action for this request.
cereal killer: That would be fantastic....let me ask you..
Rhea: Go ahead please.
cereal killer: I know you are telling me that it will be escalated but will it in fact get attention?
Rhea: Yes, of course. Our chat session are directly saved on our system and it will go directly to our engineering department for review and they are the one who sends the session to a specific department for further review and evaluation.
cereal killer: Excelent Rhea..thank you very much for your time
Rhea: You are welcome.
Rhea: So will there be anything else?
cereal killer: No..but thank you very much

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now go out and invite other droid new and droid based forums to do the same.

forum8417

Reaction score
I just did the same thing although my guy didnt seem as nice. I wonder if he has gotten alot of that on his chats today! I hope so!

cshotter

Reaction score
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: Hi, my name is Ceasar. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: Yes I would like to discuss with you how to remove the preloaded software on my device. I.e. the games that are not free.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: Ceasar are you there?
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: May I know the model of the phone?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: Droid 2
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: If those are preloaded apps, it can not be uninstalled off the phone since they are embedded on the software.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: But why?
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: We can only remove or uninstall downloaded apps.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: I use Netflix, not Blockbuster for example. Why must I be forced to have that software on MY phone.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: You can still use Netflix at the same time.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: If I purchase a computer it comes preinstalled with programs, I understand that, to subsidize a small portion of the computer. At the end of the day though I can uninstall all of this bloatware. Why do I not have this option to uninstall? Why must I be forced to have Verizon software on the device that is mine?
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback. We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: I assure you, this will certainly be passed on.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: What department handles this decision?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: Ceasar can you provide me with the contact information for the department that handles the decision for the bloatware to be placed on the devices and for them to be unable to be removed?
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: You can also raise this concern on our support forums and through this link:
chat_hyperlink.png
Contact Us - Motorola Solutions USA
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris Shotter: Anything more direct? I don't want to get lost in a seas of complaints.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: The link that I gave you has the contact numbers, Chris.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: I am presuming that I would want to contact Software Applications at +1.866.416.8545?
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: Yes, correct.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: Thank you for your help on this matter. Are you seeing a large amount of complaints regarding this issue?
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: Not at all. But we do keep a record or copy of all our customer's feedback.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chris: Thank you again.

Detonation

Reaction score
Not to be a debbie downer, but this community (the active part at least) is probably 1% or less of total droid users. A handful of complaints to the manufacturers isn't going to matter much to them when millions of other buyers don't care about having preloaded apps.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not to be a debbie downer, but this community (the active part at least) is probably 1% or less of total droid users. A handful of complaints to the manufacturers isn't going to matter much to them when millions of other buyers don't care about having preloaded apps.

Rooted or not, the "bloatware" only impacts me in so far as it takes up ram (much less of an issue with storing apps on the SD or non-ram internal memory). Of course, much of the bloatware seems incapable of being moved to SD.

Just like I don't get the obsession with the app drawer. Once I started getting a good number of apps the app drawer became too inefficient a method of organization and I just organized things into folders on one homescreen as an alternative. The bloatware is out of sight, out of mind.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I think some of the people do care because I know people who no nothing about these forums who want to remove them. Now you are right if only we complain then it could get lost but if we get on motorola's face book, and twittier, and talk to people at work then maybe we can get more than just the 1% complaining.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and the problem is not everyone on the forum is going to do this, so it becomes far less than 1% that report this issue. I don't think this is something that can be stopped by a few petitions it's something that simply has to be decided on the corporate level by the manufacturer or VZW (whichever one is responsible for it). The funny thing is, I'm sure people wouldn't mind as much if you had the option to uninstall. It's pretty ridiculous that you have to hack your device to get rid of this stuff...

the plus side is, i'm assuming the majority or very close to it, of the users in this forum have their phone hacked, so for the ones that really do care its almost always removable with little effort

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
and we understand that. The point of this thread is for those that have an issue with this practice and have been vocal about it (which would include me). They can at least do their part and have their voice heard.

Nothing worse than complaining and doing nothing

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a lost cause. Look no further than the PC market which has only spiraled out of control with respect to bloatware. Sure, you can uninstall some of the stuff if you know what you are doing, but in some cases removing them messes up some features.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The point I think isn't so much that they put it on, its that it cannot be removed. Even on PC's you can remove all the bloat and it won't mess up the computer. If you remove some of the bloat from your phone it get screwed. That's the issue.