Tip: Don't put questions in the reviews for apps on marketplace

GmanApps

Reaction score
This is something I see everyday. Folks put questions in the app reviews on the marketplace for a particular application and then get mad when they don't get a response from the developer. They don't realize its physically impossible for a developer to respond to a question in the app reviews as we have no ability to figure out who you are and marketplace gives us no way to respond.

Most all the developers I have dealt with on the marketplace are really good about responding to emails and questions. So if you have a question drop the developer a note, the developers email and website address should be in the "about the developer" section on the app listing on the marketplace. And you can click right there to send them an email.

Good applications come from good communication between developers and those who use the applications.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, there is nothing like a little one on one communication between a Developer and a Consumer, I have been helped many times using this approach and helped a few developers in the process :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Most developers will respond if you take the appropriate path to contact them (ie their E-mail provided in the Market or their website).

Humpa

Reaction score
Also, if any of you do post or have posted questions or negative comments in an app, and the dev has fixed it or responded in some fashion - you can always go back and edit your comment and rating.

Reaction score
Also, if any of you do post or have posted questions or negative comments in an app, and the dev has fixed it or responded in some fashion - you can always go back and edit your comment and rating.

Very good suggestion.

I do this all the time when I have a problem with an app and the problem is fixed in an update. It only helps the developers know that they are on the right track and it also lets other users (former, current and future) know that the application no longer has issues and is fun/easy/good to use.

wdprice3

Reaction score
I've tried contacting a few developers directly. Apparently they just don't give a damn.