Time to sync Gmail to Droid?

leahsfarm

Reaction score
Ugh.

All of a sudden the lag time for syncing gmail to droid is FOR-EV-ER.

How long should this take?

kevin1016

Reaction score
Ugh.

All of a sudden the lag time for syncing gmail to droid is FOR-EV-ER.

How long should this take?
I was having a problem with Gmail push not working about 10% of the time. Someone on here recommended not using an app killer program because it could be killing a program that's used to push email. I uninstalled app killer and reset the phone.....no problems anymore, works flawlessly.

rj in LA

Reaction score
What do you mean by reset? Taking the battery out or doing the factory reset in the settings? (though those could do the same thing - I don't know).

Does resetting the phone eliminate all the changes i've made to customize my ringtones, vibrate, notifications, etc.?

kevin1016

Reaction score
What do you mean by reset? Taking the battery out or doing the factory reset in the settings? (though those could do the same thing - I don't know).

Does resetting the phone eliminate all the changes i've made to customize my ringtones, vibrate, notifications, etc.?
I just meant turning the power off then on.

medtiger

Reaction score
I've been having Gmail push issues as well. I haven't found a way to consistently ensure gmail pushes quickly. I do have advanced task killer installed, but I have both my gmail and email programs on the ignore list. Not quite sure why it won't push quickly.

sir

Reaction score
i uninstalled it as i use a different app for monitoring/killing tasks. i'm having issues with contact updates/additions being pushed to GMail, so we'll see if that fixes it.