Throttle Hack

Timberwolf

Reaction score
I didn't see anything that said if this data throttle hack is included in PEv4.1 so I'm assuming it isn't. I've herd mixed reviews about how well it actually works, which makes me a little hesitant. If it isn't included has anyone used it and if so what is your take on it? I don't usually have a problem with data, but depending on what I'm using my phone for I can sometimes tell as the day goes on my browser gets slower or when I have to USB tether my phone to the old mans computer or my netbook when in class with no wifi.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I didn't see anything that said if this data throttle hack is included in PEv4.1 so I'm assuming it isn't. I've herd mixed reviews about how well it actually works, which makes me a little hesitant. If it isn't included has anyone used it and if so what is your take on it? I don't usually have a problem with data, but depending on what I'm using my phone for I can sometimes tell as the day goes on my browser gets slower or when I have to USB tether my phone to the old mans computer or my netbook when in class with no wifi.

it isnt included in the rom, but we offer it as an extra that you can donwload and flash as an update.zip if you would like to try it

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I thought someone over at xda proved that this hack does not work on verizon and is nothing more than placebo...supposedly any increase people are seeing is simply random variation in data speeds

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Reaction score
I thought someone over at xda proved that this hack does not work on verizon and is nothing more than placebo...supposedly any increase people are seeing is simply random variation in data speeds

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Really? I guess I could see it reading some of the threads. If you happen to stumble upon that article post it here. I could use a good read.