Thoughts after first week of marriage...

AmishButcher

Reaction score
Coming from a rooted DINC 2 and a DINC prior to that...that is my prior Android experience.

Apps Installed -- Barclays, BOA, Citizens Bank...HR Battle 2, Coin Dozer, Bike Race...Beautiful Widgets, ClockQ Pro, Clockr Evolution, Flixster, Yahoo FFootball, HD Widgets, Instagram, MetroStation, My Data Manager, NFL Wallpaper, Apex and Nova Launcher, Photogrid, Quadrant Pro, Ringdroid, Swiftkey 3, Weatherbug

Display -- My biggest hesitation on purchasing this phone based on some net reviews on the qHD Pentile Display. Turns out I notice no type of pixelation (is that a word?) and have found all aspects of the display to be fantastic (games, vids, icons, widgets, etc) and clarity exceptional.

Battery -- Different results, obviously based on use. If I'm busy at work and periodically using for calls/text/email/web it will run a full day and then some. If I'm bored and sink some time into games (HR Battle/Bike Race) it will crush the battery to where it need on the charger after about 14hrs. I do use a live wallpaper, have wi-fi on and refresh intervals on apps at an hour. I have enough chargers in the right place that I'm not too concerned with doing EVERYTHING possible for maximum battery life. I bought it to use it and use it I shall.

Speed/Performance -- Everything blazes, period. Transitions, apps booting, apps to home screen etc. are all lightning, I love it. Press an icon, it's open...press the home button, you're there.

Chrome(pre-installed defualt browser) -- Some quirks I'm not used to coming from Opera Mini on the DINC2. Issues sometimes with certain webpages not pinch zooming (Grantland, for example) and pictures always seem to be fuzzy when Google searching images even after tapping on "Full-Size Image" tab (it then opens as a microscopic pic in the corner and doesn't respond zoom in high quality on double tap like Opera). Could be a simple fix, haven't put too much effort into checking on it other than settings options.

Durability -- unfortunately it has taken a couple spills from about 3 ft. Very minor nick on the corner, I'm happy.

Calls/Radio -- Have had ZERO issues whatsoever on a single call. Have not studied signal strength or know my relevance to towers when placing a call...all I know is when I call, I talk, I hang up. No dropped call, no fuzzy voices, no issues.

Rooting -- After messing around for a week, I no longer see a need for me PERSONALLY to root. My main reason in the past was to eliminate bloatware (you can disable/hide them) and customization. Apex Launcher has that covered splendidly. Wanted to take a screenshot today, saw most apps required root access, learned VOL DOWN + POWER for 3 sec has that covered.

Power Button -- Only other minor complaint. It's location on the side always seems to be in perfect postion when I'm picking up/putting down that it's gets pressed.

Camera -- Haven't taken a ton of pics, but haven't seen any major issues with it...some shots in medium light without flash turn out dark, but oh well. Outside shots look great.

These are just my general, generic thoughts on ownership to this point. I am very, very pleased with this device and look forward to learning it and Android better to maximize it's capabilities.
View attachment 56503

dan.dar

Reaction score
I'll add things that are annoying:

Gallery app doesn't sync with picasa/google+ pics. If you want to see them you have to go to G+ app. That's something that phones since Froyo did.
Kindle app doesn't go full screen when reading. Meaning the three buttons stay lit up instead of becoming barely lit dots like on my HP with ICS cyanogenmod tablet.
It likes to drop down into 3G a bit more than my wife's Droid Charge. It's faster though when downloading over LTE. To get it back to go to 4G, a quick toggle to airplane mode and back seems to do it.

OP
A

AmishButcher

Reaction score
I'll add things that are annoying:
It likes to drop down into 3G a bit more than my wife's Droid Charge. It's faster though when downloading over LTE. To get it back to go to 4G, a quick toggle to airplane mode and back seems to do it.
I've pretty much been solely at work at home to this point with Ms. M, and hooked up to wi-fi @ both so I haven't had a ton of opportunity to notice network connection (57MB mobile vs 480MB Wi-fi in 8 days). I'm not a picasa/google+/Kindle user, so I can't speak to those...hopefully they're just minor annoyances for ya tho