Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
No power from Irene...have to keep charging phone in car..and yes I have more than 1 batt..:icon_eek:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here, down to 50% on my last battery. And when we lose power its generally days before we are back up and running.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to minimize your experience with Irene, but I have been through multiple hurricanes where we didn't have power for more than two weeks. It seems like media coverage has been overblown on this storm

random rom'd X

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Not to minimize your experience with Irene, but I have been through multiple hurricanes where we didn't have power for more than two weeks. It seems like media coverage has been overblown on this storm

random rom'd X

So have, one day or two weeks it still sucks..

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

random rom'd X

The good old one upper, jk. Not really overblown when you think of how rare it is for the northeast to be hit by a hurricane. I mean no its not total devastation or anything but it is still doing damage and leaving a lot of people without power.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
They said it could take up to 1 to 2 weeks to restore power on the recorded message at our power company...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The good old one upper, jk. Not really overblown when you think of how rare it is for the northeast to be hit by a hurricane. I mean no its not total devastation or anything but it is still doing damage and leaving a lot of people without power.

I just felt the media coverage was ridiculous. Fox did a deal all day on it. Hell, Joplin, Missouri was destroyed by tornadoes and had less media attention.

random rom'd X

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
If tornados were predictable like hurricanes than there would have been the same media attention. The only reason these hurricanes get more attention is because you can track their paths for literally thousands of miles.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry I don't think its the end of the world. Buy a generator and enjoy the rain. Its 108 here right now and we're 20 inches below average rain fall this year, with whole communities running out of water. I'd take a weak hurricane right now.

random rom'd X

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry I don't think its the end of the world. Buy a generator and enjoy the rain. Its 108 here right now and we're 20 inches below average rain fall this year, with whole communities running out of water. I'd take a weak hurricane right now.

random rom'd X

I dont remember saying or anyone else saying its the end of the world. Maybe you shouldn't take the media coverage so personally.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
[video=youtube;xZX0f4CL-T8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZX0f4CL-T8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]