This phone belongs to ?

akenhart

Reaction score
Hi I'm a week old with my Motorola Droid and am enjoying it. Akenhart here and am wondering how I can get the screen to say this phone belongs to me instead of a small alarm clock logo. I've tried searching many settings and can not seem to find the right area. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Looking forward to getting lots of help and info from this forum.
Akenhart :icon_ banana:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Your only a week old! Woah haha.

When you say "this phone belongs to me instead of a small alarm clock logo" do you mean the tiny alarm clock in the notification bar if you have an alarm set? Are you talking about the notification bar? You COULD make a wallpaper with that on it to be simpler... explain?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi I'm a week old with my Motorola Droid and am enjoying it. Akenhart here and am wondering how I can get the screen to say this phone belongs to me instead of a small alarm clock logo. I've tried searching many settings and can not seem to find the right area. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Welcome, Akenhart! Glad you found us! This place is full of friendly folks and great information. So just look around and make yourself at home! You'll be amazed how much you can learn by reading the threads here on the forum!

Check out a free app in the Market called Contact Owner. It lets you put your name, phone number, email (if you choose to), and a message on the lock screen of the phone.

If you get stuck, just post a question in the appropriate area and someone will be along to help you out. Enjoy!

:welcome:

OP
A

akenhart

Reaction score
Being only a week old has it's drawbacks. I'm not able to even find that screen anymore so thank you and disregard. If it reappears I'll re ask. Thanks

OP
A

akenhart

Reaction score
Thanks AnneDroid I'll give your suggestion a try:motdroidhoriz:

joebb3

Reaction score
No no no... Same thing happens to mine!

When you first boot the Moto Droid, Right under the Date and Time you get a message:

This Phone Belongs to:
(Little Alarm Clock icon here)
protectd by antivirus

As I'm typing this, I realize that I installed an app from the Market called, aptly enough, "AntiVirus"... I suspect that the app is putting that there. But I'm not sure.

The message is only there when you boot... Not when you lock.

---- edit ----

Ok... It IS there when I lock now. And the message has changed a bit...

This Phone Belongs to:

(Little Alarm Clock icon here) Protected by DroidSecurity antivirus

---- edit ----

Any ideas?

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

When you first boot the Moto Droid, Right under the Date and Time you get a message:

This Phone Belongs to:
protectd by antivirus

As I'm typing this, I realize that I installed an app from the Market called, aptly enough, "AntiVirus"... I suspect that the app is putting that there. But I'm not sure.

---- edit ----

This Phone Belongs to:

---- edit ----

Any ideas?

Yes, uninstall the anitvirus app. ;) Droid needs no antivirus and those apps are known to interfere with other programs and generally slow your Droid down because they run constantly.

OP
A

akenhart

Reaction score

This Phone Belongs to:
protectd by antivirus

---- edit ----

This Phone Belongs to:

---- edit ----

Any ideas?

Yes, uninstall the anitvirus app. ;) Droid needs no antivirus and those apps are known to interfere with other programs and generally slow your Droid down because they run constantly.

I've uninstalled and it appears to have solved the problem. Thanks :)