Super Moderator
Reaction score

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

earlybill1

Reaction score
Im a newbie needing help I used z4 root then done ota upgrade like a dummy now my DROIDX is gb 596 no root I've looked at everything possible to get root but im not good at all that lol sum 1 help please I don't wanna mess up my X

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im a newbie needing help I used z4 root then done ota upgrade like a dummy now my DROIDX is gb 596 no root I've looked at everything possible to get root but im not good at all that lol sum 1 help please I don't wanna mess up my X

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Check the hacking section, specifically the X section or our sister forum DroidXforums.

ma4t

Reaction score
Great info here, I thought I might want to root my Droid, but I figure (after reading all this) if this is so confussing to me, and half the people asking, maybe we should just leave our phones the way they are. Only the smart hackers should play in this field, who know and can enjoy the benifits of rooting. I'm glad they ASKED and I know I will STOP ASKING. Unless I had someone to root my phone for me, my questions are over. Thank for helping me decide.
I'm with you here. I am a good learner, and I am good at learning how to use the system that is in place. So far, I have dramatically increased my battery life by learning how to use the Task Manager and controlling how Data is used.

After doing a risk -benefit analysis, I'm not interested in rooting. In other words, get more control vs. turning the phone in to a brick. I've had it 2 weeks, and spent $200 of my own money after signing up for another 2 years with Verizon. Not to mention, Verizon, like any other subscription-based service with a hefty cancellation fee, is very unsympathetic to any problems you have after signing that 2 year contract. (Not slamming Verizon. That's the nature of the business model.)

I should also add, I had to jump in to the pool to get my daughter out a few weeks after upgrading to a nice Samsung 2 years ago. Nothing would bring it back to life, and Verizon did not care one bit. They offered to sell me a new phone at full price. So I had to go back to my old LG (great qwerty keyboard, btw). After using the same phone for close to 4 years because I'm cheap, I'm very hesitant to do anything that might damage my first smart phone.

Best,
ma4t

TheTrainer

Reaction score
Appreciate the info, not the condescension

I like that the information is posted here all in one place.

At the same time, the "(stop asking)" in the title implies some corner on what the author would like to believe is "obvious" knowledge. New people come in to a market for a technology ALL THE TIME. Why not make them feel welcome instead of deriding them for wanting to know more about it?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is an extremely old thread and due to the links to it, by title, its not possible to do this.

I understand the issue, but with the age of the thread, links would be broken.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

TheTrainer

Reaction score
It is an extremely old thread and due to the links to it, by title, its not possible to do this.

I understand the issue, but with the age of the thread, links would be broken.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

Fair enough. Just a sore spot with me. Didn't mean to get reactionary. I'll be switching to decaf now.

Wilkynson

Reaction score
Want to root my androphone....i have tried lot of
other tricks...but nothing of new
Help Me !
Alcatel 916 D
V2.3.6
Gingerbread

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3
Want to root my androphone....i have tried lot of
other tricks...but nothing of new
Help Me !
Alcatel 916 D
V2.3.6
Gingerbread

Welcome! It may be difficult to find information or answers about your phone as I do not believe we cover it here. What carrier is it for?

Dave517

Reaction score
Wow! TMI! Not sure if I'm happy I asked. Thanks for the insight!!