This is for people who GOT a new X after Aug 15th

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I am curious about a theory concerning those of us who got our X on or after Aug 15th. How many of us have had problems? Freezing, Rebooting, Locking up, Screen Issues ect?

I'm wondering about all the people complaining about issues like these and if they were "early adopters" of the X....Meaning...Within the first month of release, July 15-Aug 14th.

I'm wondering if newer batches of X's are free of many of these issues because I'm thinking if they are newer models they probably have some fixes installed on them that we don't even really know about to fix issues that all new things have that are yet unknown.

So for those of us who have Newer X's...Aug 15+. Tell us about your experience. Please...Don't share if you have an X that was received before Aug 15th.

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I am curious about a theory concerning those of us who got our X on or after Aug 15th. How many of us have had problems? Freezing, Rebooting, Locking up, Screen Issues ect?

I'm wondering about all the people complaining about issues like these and if they were "early adopters" of the X....Meaning...Within the first month of release, July 15-Aug 14th.

I'm wondering if newer batches of X's are free of many of these issues because I'm thinking if they are newer models they probably have some fixes installed on them that we don't even really know about to fix issues that all new things have that are yet unknown.

So for those of us who have Newer X's...Aug 15+. Tell us about your experience. Please...Don't share if you have an X that was received before Aug 15th.

Did you finally get your X dude?

Anyway I got mine on Friday. When I got home from work I had already downloaded 2.2, had the means to root so I got to work.

I was one of the poor souls that didn't move the SU to the XBin and spent the night finding the SBF file to flash back to stock. This was was my own stupidity....grrrr.

I didn't know at the time there was a market fix, so I spent alot of time downloading my apps, again a stupid mistake on my part.

Other than these setbacks....all of my own doing, my phone is great. I haven't had any problems like some of the bizarre things I've read about on the forums.

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Mine will be here Wednesday! I have my list of apps ready to roll on appbrain.

I am created this thread in hopes of dispelling all the negative things some of the early adopters encountered with their phones.

I'm glad to hear you and your phone are going well...everyone makes mistakes..the good news is that you fixed it!

Aohus

Reaction score
im not sure if i fall into this category, but i purchased a DX from Best Buy and had a manufacture date of 8/9/2010, but purchased on 8/14. That being said, I've had 0 problems on the DX. I do recall having an issue where android would lock up, but that was due to a 3rd party application (beautiful music widget).

I do believe that the first batch of DX's were not as tweaked as current batches of DX, however, I do feel as though a lot of the problems posted on here are due to user error, or an application causing the entire OS to malfunction.

Steps I took to keep my DX clean and running smooth

1) Took DX home, turned it on, let the battery drain fully.
2) After full drain, I charged the battery until at 100%, with device powered off.
3) Download APKTor (search APKTor in google marketplace)
4) Go here and add the following repositories in APKTor located here
5) Once added, update the list (might take awhile, I suggest updating via wifi)
6) Search for Universal Androot, and root the DX!
7) Update to 2.2 (loaded via update.zip, not through Koush recovery).
8) Download the following apps for better overall performance on the DX

-LauncherPro (currently at 0.7.6, search for 'launcher' in APKTor)
-SwitchPro (handy widget for killing off radios, a la WiFi, 3G, Airplane mode, bluetooth, etc)
-AutoKiller (by far the best utility to get on the android. This is a task MANAGER, not task killer. This should improve your overall system performance as well as aid in battery life.

-do NOT overclock
-do NOT use the quadrant hack
-do NOT remove bloatware (especially motoblur processes)

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Got mine on launch day and I've had Zero issues.
Device has been perfect....

Christy552005

Reaction score
I got mine on Aug 18th. I love it!!! The only issue I have had is some lag when I take the phone out of the car dock.....everything on my home screen disappears and takes maybe 15 seconds to reappear. I consider this extremely minor. Although it did scare me the first time. Other than that, the phone has been great!!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to "share" even though I bought my X before your random cutoff date. There are no problems with mine except for having to work around the "no sleep" bug which people who bought it after your date probably have to do too.

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I'm going to "share" even though I bought my X before your random cutoff date. There are no problems with mine except for having to work around the "no sleep" bug which people who bought it after your date probably have to do too.

Well that is what I'm trying to find out...are people who own newer X's still having that problem. Maybe the newer batches have a fix. I don't want probably...I want proof of my theory.

I picked the 15th of Aug because that is exactly One Month after release...not random at all. I think after a month the manufacturer has a good idea what needs tweeked and they do it.

oo3

Reaction score
I would like to know too. I purchased my first DX in late July and the speakerphone blew out. After a week of fighting with tech support and VZW store, I finally got one shipping out by 9/7.

Guyute

Reaction score
Ordered it on launch date, had it the next day. Zero issues running stock 2.1