Thinking of getting ReZound. Battery question

mom22boys

Reaction score
Let me say, I currently have the Incredible 2. I love it! However, I want to keep my unlimited data. I am torn between the Rezound and Razz Maxx. I am just wondering how the battery life of the ReZound compares with the Incredible 2. I have next to a charger most of the time, but we all have to admit that a longer battery life would always be nice.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The extended battery for the rezound is on sale for like 50% off. If you got a ReZound I would get it.

cdm369

Reaction score
I love my rezound!!! I got the extended battery and I get about 14 hours moderate to heavy usage. I'm very happy with the phone and extended battery.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I came from the Dinc2 as well and the battery life is better on the dinc2. That said if you get the extended battery as the other have suggested you'll be fine. It will last as long as a Maxx. The extended battery makes it easier to hold too. I loved my dinc2 but this phone blows it away. Because it's running Sense you'll feel more comfortable with it coming from another HTC phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

TWC42

Reaction score
I don't like the thickness and the weight that the extended battery adds to the phone, especially when using the silicone case that fits with the bigger battery. I tried the extended battery for a few days and didn't like it. Went back to the standard battery, and do other things to extend the life like using the widgets to turn data off except when I need it, keeping brightness down to 25% except when outside, turn GPS off except when using Maps or navigation, and turning WiFi off except when at home. In an extended area or wherever there is no 4G, I go into the settings and select CDMA only. But keep in mind that the main battery burner is the display.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I suggest you just pick one of them and buy it.
Then you'll have a two year extended contract with 4G/LTE and unlimited data.

If you don't like the phone, then sell it on the used market, and buy the other choice on the used market.

Personally, I wouldn't buy another Motorola phone after what Moto/Verizon did locking down the bootloaders.
HTC officially sanctions unlocked bootloaders as long as you waive the warranty.

Regards,

Howard

HNettles

Reaction score
I have a rezound, with the standard battery and the extended battery. Battery life with the standard battery is short, and with the extended battery the phone is like a huge brick in your pocket. If you're going to carry the phone in a belt holster, the extended battery is okay. And the rezound extended battery is not as powerful as the Razr Maxx.

Razr Maxx = 3,300 mAh
Rezound extended battery = 2,750 mAh
Rezound standard battery = 1,620 mAh

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
The Maxx will have the better battery life, and the Inc2's battery life was maybe a little better than the Rezound, but a marginal difference really. The Rezound's battery isn't fantastic, but I've had worse. Personally I don't like the extended, just so big. Loved my Bionic's extended battery w/ case, but just can't get into the Rezound's. I bought Mugens slim extended battery for $40. An improvement, but still not outstanding.

You can't lose either way. Try one for a week 1/2, and if you don't like it, then you'll most likely enjoy the other. Good luck.

OP
M

mom22boys

Reaction score
I just got the Rezound tonight. Any suggestions for a case with the extended battery?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Congratulations! You will have lots of fun with your new phone. Cases, I always go for the gel cases but my sons like the hard plastic ones. My son got one for his Rezound with the ext battery at Verizon. It is hard black plastic, two pieces that snap on phone, very sturdy but doesn't seem to bulky. I am sorry, I don't remember the brand name. Amazon often has great prices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
mom22boys said:
I just got the Rezound tonight. Any suggestions for a case with the extended battery?

Congrats. You're going to love the phone. I have the same case that TisMyDroid talked about. I got mine from VZ when I got my extended battery but look around. You might be able to find it cheaper. The case is sturdy but the belt clip is the weak point. If anything is going to break I would guess that would be it but mine hasn't so far.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
You will not be disappointed in this purchase. This is a great phone. I would recommend flashing one of the leaked ICS builds. It will wipe your data from your phone like a factory reset so i would do this before getting to far into your personalization . I am on the first ICS leak ,and it has given me maybe 50% more battery life from the stock battery.

nikecar

Reaction score
I have the Seidio Active case in Red. i like it. Had the OB Commuter for my old Inc2. Both are hard shells covering silicone inner shell. However, the OB has a harder outer shell than the Seidio, but left the tops and bottoms only protected by silicone, not the hard case. The Seidio has 6 prongs on the hard shell that wrap around the corners and the middle sides. along with most of the back. The silicone sides have notches to grip it better, although the silicone on the Seidio is slicker. Maybe because the OB was almost a 1yr old. not sure. The red sure is sexy though.

Both cases have the raised edges so the screen won't lay flat on a surface, and the silicone of the Seidio feels thicker, but again, the OB, after a yr is kinda flimsy with the silicone. The OB had covers for the ports, the Seidio does not.

i think I saw a pic (which is why i didn't get it) of the Rezound Commuter case and one entire corner in just silicone

jonpearson

Reaction score
Quick question what's the best power mode for the absolute best battery performance: high,normal or economy.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Rageboardr said:
You will not be disappointed in this purchase. This is a great phone. I would recommend flashing one of the leaked ICS builds. It will wipe your data from your phone like a factory reset so i would do this before getting to far into your personalization . I am on the first ICS leak ,and it has given me maybe 50% more battery life from the stock battery.

If you decide that you want to flash one of the leaks know the risks. No one knows for sure if you'll be able to get the official ota if you do take the leak. The ota isn't that far away now. It might be worth it to wait. They just released a third leak the other day and it is very similar to the second leak released a few months ago. That means that this could be the final build which also means that the ota is very close. I have the second leak and I love it but I also understand the risks and I was willing to accept them. I'm not going to get the third leak. I'm going to sit tight and wait for the official ota. And if I can't get it I'll be happy with what I have. But if I were you or anyone else, at this point in the game, I'd wait.