Thinking about going back to rooted MotoBlur .602

csteiner73

Reaction score
I've been using LibertyGB for a while, and I like it, but it's buggy sometimes, and seems like development has stalled...

Tried CM7, like it, but battery life sucks, and the no hardware button for the camera is killing me...

Tried MIUI, and it's everything I hate about iPhone...

It seems like all these ROMs are in various stages of RC/Beta, so...Why wouldn't I just go back to Rooted MotoBlur .602?

Convince me not to go!

DJxPanda

Reaction score
No one is holding you back. If you see through your own experience that motoblur .602 is the way you want to go, then by all means. You dont need our permission. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Currently this is what I prefer. No ROM oddities & everything works. Battery life is great. Bloat has been Frozen with TiBackup. Miss some visuals but I am pretty happy. Once everyone gets a good handle on 602 and things settle I will pick a ROM again.

puck3511

Reaction score
Currently this is what I prefer. No ROM oddities & everything works. Battery life is great. Bloat has been Frozen with TiBackup. Miss some visuals but I am pretty happy. Once everyone gets a good handle on 602 and things settle I will pick a ROM again.

Ya i feel the same way man. I get the best battery life on stock motoblur but give up speed and looks. grrrr. wish i could have all 3 in 1 rom.Waiting impatiently for ZombieStomped to drop his new rom.

pfunk

Reaction score
I went to blur rooted also after sometime on asop liberty. Its nice having a fully functioning phone. I didn't like the batt icon so I used "Rom Toolbox" to change that. I am happy for now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I really want to do this.. especially since i plan on selling the phone once the bionic comes out. How did you guys get back to rooted GB from liberty .9? Do i have to SBF back to froyo?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbf back to Froyo then install .602 so you can get the new radio to install

random rom'd X

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I updated to rooted .602 last night. Battery life for me has been OK. Not terribly more then 2nd-init but it has only been one day so its early to tell yet for sure. Definitely am missing all the customization though.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yes I did. Like I said though one day IMO is too early to tell. After the "settling" period we shall see. Although most likely I am going to flash shuji tonight anyway.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I did. Like I said though one day IMO is too early to tell. After the "settling" period we shall see. Although most likely I am going to flash shuji tonight anyway.

Yeah. Usually it takes me a couple battery cycles at he minimum to see a real difference

random rom'd X

en28so

Reaction score
I feel the same way. I tried most of the roms for gingerbread, and they all were buggy with terrible battery life. I'm only running rooted 602 for now, and my battery life is better. I sure miss the stellar battery life I got on the custom froyo roms. But i'm not goin back to froyo.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah to me battery life is secondary to performance and options. I mean I am getting better battery life on day 2 after calibration but again no worries here either way.

And same here. No more froyo for me. Especially not with how much nicer GB runs on the DX then the D1. I ran it on the 1 with little issues, just nicer on here.