There has to be a better way to manage my video files

moot

Reaction score
I have a couple of seasons of various shows backed up on my droid. The problem is, going through the gallery app to view the shows is cumbersome because it doesn't actually say what the video name is. Also, using Act 1 to search for the video file is not idea, as well. It lists all of the video files alphabetically. While this may not be a problem for movies, having 30+ episodes for a show gets very tedious when trying to search for my videos.

On my SD card I have my folders set up like so:

Video--> Name of series--> Season--> Episodes (Sadly, Act does not reflect this nested folder structure, and just clumps everything in one playlist.

D

dvdcatalyst

This might help

why dont i see the movie player ap in my aps?

i get to it by going to the camera and switching to video and trying to play the video

but there has to be an easier way

help

I have been using Astro File Manager which is free. It gives you a directory/file view of your files and I just click on my 320x240 .wmv movie files and they automatically play with the Gallery player. I have set up a directory structure like one of the other posts suggested and it is working great for me. Astro also lets you set the application association for the file type you want to play. for .wmv, I set the association to Video.

ChicagoFire

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your response. I really should have done a better job searching. X(

D

dvdcatalyst

Thank you so much for your response. I really should have done a better job searching. X(

Nah, this one would have been a little hard to find, since its not actually the video player you are using, but a file manager instead. I just remembered the post, and dug it out for you, thats all.

Of course, while the quoted post mentions wmv, it works for mp4 video files in the same way. You can even organize your pictures and other stuff this way as well.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't realize you're the creator of dvdcatalyst. I must say, after trying a couple of freeware and paid video recoders/encoders for my droid, dvdcatalyst 3 is my favorite! I never have to worry about issues like audio sync or glaring compression artifacts, and video stuttering. It is so easy to use, and full of options and various configurations if you want to get your hands dirty. $9.99 is steal for this software.

D

dvdcatalyst

LOL, yep, however, I am not here for advertising. I signed up a few weeks ago to answer questions people had in regards of my software, and ever since I've been trying to help people with other questions as much as I can.