Theming apps

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm.. so you have two instances of the same application, but one with edits in /system and the original in /data? ??

that is WEIRD, but glad you got it working!

yep, the original unedited one is still in /data and the edited one is in /system and my edits show and it appears in the market as installed. don't know why, don't know how, but i'm not complaining haha..and i verified this with three apps so far (pandora, launcherpro and handcent), and even received an update to launcherpro this morning...

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
strange

I had this once but only one is working as for it just keeping the market up to date that you have it installed, makes me wonder, I really dont mind at this point I will only update when I have issues or when 2.2 forces me to change an app or 2.

As long as my phone is stable and my apps work im happy

kevdog

Reaction score
It looks like you are trying to edit Pandora correct? I can troubleshoot this more effectively to you if you send me the file you are trying to replace. I assume its a .png file? I'll try things on my phone, but I'm trying to replicate as close to your setup as possible.

What can I say --- I'm bored and need a challenge.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like you are trying to edit Pandora correct? I can troubleshoot this more effectively to you if you send me the file you are trying to replace. I assume its a .png file? I'll try things on my phone, but I'm trying to replicate as close to your setup as possible.

What can I say --- I'm bored and need a challenge.

Absolutely, man, thanks for the interest. HEre's the file. It's located in Pandora's res>drawable-hdpi-854X480 folder. The one I've attached here is the one I edited that works with my /system/app method (leaving the original in /data/app and also putting it in /system/app which shows it in the market as installed and allows updates). But if you can get it to work in /data/app alone that would be cool.

Attachments

• background.png
    background.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 122

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
doh I need to read posts fully :)

Im fine I was doing other colors for others is all.

I love mine being transparent green with added colors ont he buttons
I have it all done now
CAP201005271613.jpg

CAP201005270724.jpg

CAP201005270314.jpg