Theme Without Root

smark22

Reaction score
What is/are the best way(s) to truly customize your phone's layout without having to root? It would be awesome to customize the shortcut keys and the theme of my phone as much as possible without the need of rooting. I've seen countless apps in the Market that allow layout changing like Dx Top, LauncherPro, Widgetsoid, ADW.Launcher, Launch-X, WidgetLocker, etc. Which apps, listed or not, are the best based upon modification capabilities, ease of use, and interface speed and system lag? Thanks for the help :biggrin:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any of those will work wonderfully. You can also try touchwiz launcher.

The "best" depaends on who you ask.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Replace your launcher, install specialized apps, and download a theme for your launcher. However, this isn't going to *really* give you everything you want. I would try it, though. :)

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

Modred189

Reaction score
I've ben looking for a non rooting theming method. Right now I have to recommend adw. Though there had ben a but of a performance hit.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've ben looking for a non rooting theming method. Right now I have to recommend adw. Though there had ben a but of a performance hit.

Really? Almost everyone else has noticed a distinct increase in performance compared to stock/Blur on the D2.

Modred189

Reaction score

Really? Almost everyone else has noticed a distinct increase in performance compared to stock/Blur on the D2.

Yea, of know. It's weird. My 's benchmark is dungeon defenders. With the stock launcher, and few widgets, it runs fine. But with adw, it lags