[THEME][wip] Kuro Black by Yakitori ss4.96

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Thanks. Also do you have a fix coming for the menu background/text?

Did i miss something or are we still waiting for this fix?

Still waiting I guess. I wonder how hard it would be to track down the image file(s) for this, so maybe we can change it ourselves. I'd be fine with just changing it to a shade of gray, so we could see the text.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have fixed it. Will post the update tonight

Sent from my Droid

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have updated the OP. Sorry it took me a while. I am in the process of shopping for a home to purchase, so Ive been doing a lot of research on homes in my area...and meeting realtors etc, and busy with work, so I havent had much time to play.

I did fix the menu background to transparent white and you can see everything nicely now.

FLash the v2.0 over what you have now. It has the flip transitions included. I will put the stock ones and others together as well and include in the OP...as well as the FULL kuro theme coming shortly (probably tomorrow).

In the meantime if you want stock or other transitions, you can pull them from the transitions zip from framework-res.apk/res/anim folder. Just extract the entire anim folder from the zip with the transitions you want...package them into the new kuro2.0 framework-res.apk/res folder to overwrite what it has now...then flash.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
[video=youtube;MUu9SkBQcXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUu9SkBQcXw[/video]

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kuro 2.0 released.

Fixed the menu background. Included some more system apps.

Also features PE4.3 gb keyboard (credit to actingrezy)

Also stuffed the LP dock icons into this one. They should show in your gallery and if you use LP you can use them as custom icons. These were the only text dock icons I had at the moment and the ones I use. I will look for the gmail and other text icons for the dock.

Enjoy!

Again, BE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SPACE IN /system parition or the framework will not apply to your phone.

If you get a FC on the keyboard, its because you are not using a gb keyboard yet...delete your latinimegoogle.apk from /system/app and reboot.

FULL-Kuro_SS4.96-V2.0.zip

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Again, BE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SPACE IN /system parition or the framework will not apply to your phone.

Maybe I missed it... how much is "enough"?

at least 10 mb to be safe. This has to be in the /system partition though. Some folks are assuming that the 100 mb "free space" they have on their system is enough to flash. This is showing you /data partition.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Looking good, and like the transitions too. Officially zero issues with this now.

senate9690

Reaction score
I installed "Kuro_ss4.96_V2.0 (framework only, flash if you are already on kuro)" and i get a "Ultimate Droid" animation that keeps refreshing and never loads. Gonna try to install the full version over 1.0

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I installed "Kuro_ss4.96_V2.0 (framework only, flash if you are already on kuro)" and i get a "Ultimate Droid" animation that keeps refreshing and never loads. Gonna try to install the full version over 1.0

EDIT: OHHH...I see..I linked the wrong download to mediafire. It says kuro_UD{2.5]...which is my theme for ud2.5

no worries just flash the full one. You can mount usb while in recovery IF you dont have a backup.

Sorry....I fixed it.

?..thats weird. Let me pull this one and look at it.

yes..you can flash the full one for sure.

I dont even include bootanimations in my theme...so Im not sure why UD would be in there.

PhillJ

Reaction score
I flashed 4.96 SS then flashed your v.2.0 of Kuro. I already had it so i flashed the framework. It fixed the background and added transitions but now I lost your theme. None of the icons have changed. I had it before but they are back to normal now.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. U should flash the full. That will put the apps in system

What happened was flashing ss4.96
Replace apps back to stock. The full v2 will put kuro apps back

Sent from my Droid