[Theme] Smoked Glass

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score

RyanS2000

Reaction score
I just applied the smoked glass theme and then the normal brightness fix. I like the blue battery in the notification bar and the blue unlock slide button that came with smoked glass, when I applied normal brightness it changed my clock and the unlock button to green. Is there a way to fix this? What exactly does normal brightness fix do? Just brighten the display?

Also, can you make the smoked glass make the blue battery widget display battery as a percentage like BB does out of the box?

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I just applied the smoked glass theme and then the normal brightness fix. I like the blue battery in the notification bar and the blue unlock slide button that came with smoked glass, when I applied normal brightness it changed my clock and the unlock button to green. Is there a way to fix this? What exactly does normal brightness fix do? Just brighten the display?

Also, can you make the smoked glass make the blue battery widget display battery as a percentage like BB does out of the box?

Are you sure you have the right theme? This theme has a battery icon with percentage numbers (and no blue). It also has always had green unlock button. The clock should be white.

The normal brightness just puts the autobrightness back to stock brightness levels (pete changed the brightness in bb 0.5 and some people prefer the stock levels)

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of that would get you blue is maybe installing over another theme. I have never used blue in my versions of smoked glass (never been a fan of the blue versions).

The best thing I can recommend is make a backup (so you can alway go back) and try over a clean bb with the stock theme

tripper511

Reaction score
Caused me to boot loop.

Do not download.

Just because you messed up on the install is no reason to scare other people away from this theme. It's worked fine for me and numerous other people.

Am I correct with just putting the extras and the theme itself in the root of my sd card, wiping catch and data and then installing? I'm using clockworkmod.

Pandora has been updated again since 9/30. Can you post an updated smoked glass pandora?

mikebaltierra

Reaction score
Facebook, Twitter, and Pandora have been updated and added to the first post

- Twitter_1.0.5_Smoked_Glass.zip Update.zip format - (11/06/2010) - (smoked glass widget)
- Facebook_1.4_Smoked_Glass.zip Update.zip format - (11/06/2010) - (smoked glass widget)
- Pandora_1.5.1_Smoked_Glass.zip Update.zip format - (11/06/2010) - (smoked glass widget, icon)

digging this theme! thanks for the hard work...

will you be doing the same for slacker? would be awesome to have a smoked slacker widget....(i did reinstall from the link from the initial post and I did not get the smoked widget)

psiuglen

Reaction score
great theme

Just wanted to say thanks for the theme! Upgraded to bb0.5 finally and was missing a theme for a couple days. Looks great, happy Thanksgiving everyone!

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
for those wondering if i will update this theme for bb v0.6

I have had two major issues trying to update the theme.

1.) services.jar - I am getting an error trying to do my normal text changes (see here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/109601-error-bb-0-6-1-services-jar.html ).

2.) framework-res.apk - whenever i make my xml modifications I am getting a boot loop. I am decompiling with APK Manage 4.9 , making the changes, and recompiling. everything seems to go fine (no errors anyway), but the rom will no longer boot after

I am making the same changes i made in the previous roms, using the same methods, but I just haven't been able to get it to work. I am hoping for better luck with 0.6.2 (which was just tweeted from pete). I could probably make the image changes, but then there would be black text in the status menu, which i wouldn't be happy with.

If anyone has any tips on editing the framework-res.apk and making the services.jar change let me know. I would love to update the theme if I could get past these things.

psiuglen

Reaction score
Any progress on this one? I tried the Charity Smoke Glass rom last night, and I'm running BB 0.6.2.1 today and I have to say this version of the theme is just the best. Sleek, clear, fairly minimalistic, I love it. I can kind of deal with the stock BB look for now but hopefully this can get updated.

I'm laid off now so I think I will start trying to wrap my head around of some of this stuff and see what I can figure out.