[THEME] Black Juice v3 for rubiX Focused 1.8.9!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
This theme has taken some time, sorry for the delays! I won't be making all of the different color variations due to time and money constraints so you guys are stuck with Blue and Green for now. This theme is based off my original Black Bar Theme as well as Nextheme from Manup, and some tweaks from Sephtin's BBM.

Credit to Manup, Sephtin, Drod, and everyone else in the mod community!

I present to you, Black Juice Blue v3 for rubiX Focused 1.8.9

20737d1290438118-theme-black-juice-v2-rubix-focused-1-8-6-black.juice.blue.ss.png

As always, be sure to do a full backup before installing. If you encounter any errors clear cache. Install via Bootstrap Recovery, Choose Install zip from SD, browse for file named black.juice.blue.v3.rubiX.focused.1.8.9.zip, Install. Reboot and enjoy! Wallpaper attached below! Please check back for updates!

* I run LauncherPro as my home, The dock background I made, its attached below "juice-dock.png" Save the Image to your SDcard, open LP Pref > Appearance > Dock BG > Custom > Browse for the file named juice-dock.png > set > Enjoy!

In case anyone wanted to complete their BlackJuice blue with a Swype theme, the blue skin at Droidpirate looks pretty sweet on my DX:

App Theme – Swype Skins – droidpirate.com

themeswype-2.jpg

** Change Log from Black Juice for rubiX Focused 1.8.6 **

- Adjusted lock screen
- Support for new Window Animations from 1.8.9
- Fresh 1.8.9 Framework
- Note - If you do not like the new transition animations (I'm still trying to decide) Feel free to use the 1.8.6 version of my themes, they are fully compatible with 1.8.9, minus the effects.

** Updated 11/24 - Added "Dark Grey Button" Version of Black Juice Blue v3 for those who liked the dark grey/black text. Download below! Enjoy!

If you like my work and want to help keep this theme going please Donate <3

Enjoy Guys
! :icon_ banana:

Last edited:
OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I present to you, Black Juice Green v3 for rubiX Focused 1.8.9

20532d1290124677-theme-black-juice-v2-rubix-focused-1-8-6-bj1.8.png

As always, be sure to do a full backup before installing. If you encounter any errors clear cache. Install via Bootstrap Recovery, Choose Install zip from SD, browse for file named black.juice.green.v3.rubiX.focused.1.8.9.zip, Install. Reboot and enjoy! Wallpaper attached below! Please check back for updates!

* I run LauncherPro as my home, The dock background I made, its attached above "juice-dock.png" Save the Image to your SDcard, open LP Pref > Appearance > Dock BG > Custom > Browse for the file named juice-dock.png > set > Enjoy!

** Change Log from Black Juice for rubiX Focused 1.8.6 **

- Adjusted lock screen
- Colorized Buttons (no more dark grey)
- Support for new Window Animations from 1.8.9
- Fresh 1.8.9 Framework
- Note - If you do not like the new transition animations (I'm still trying to decide) Feel free to use the 1.8.6 version of my themes, they are fully compatible with 1.8.9, minus the effects.

If you like my work and want to help keep this theme going please Donate <3

Enjoy Guys
! :icon_ banana:

Last edited:
OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well that was quick. You're the man.

Thanks!

I was actually having poor battery life with 1.8.6 for some reason, hopefully 1.8.9 fixes it :icon_ banana:
I did too the first day then did a proper battery stats wipe and got 24 hrs. Did you try that yet?

Ya just did actually, phones been on the charger all day. Gave it a whirl while I was clearing cache earlier, well see what happens!

Inkarnit

Reaction score
It's BlueGlass by shademar and then I just adjusted the color of the text to match... it's about 1/4 through the red bar, 1/3 through green, 3/4 through blue.

jacksradio

Reaction score
OK..Really silly question here....where do you move the wallpaper to so it shows up when I select wallpaper gallery? Also I see alot of cool icons on the screenshots of this theme but the ones on my phone after installing the green theme still look the same? Am I missing something?

dobbykins

Reaction score
Juice - I hope you don't mind, but I'm including some icons I made some time back to use with your themes. These are wifi icons which don't have the little "frame" around them, which I feel makes the notification bar look cleaner. I wanted to share them in case someone else was bugged by this.

Thanks for all your work! I really enjoy your themes and keep coming back to them.

In case some don't know, these need to be used to replace the files with the same names in the framework-res.apk file.

aarkay06

Reaction score
OK..Really silly question here....where do you move the wallpaper to so it shows up when I select wallpaper gallery? Also I see alot of cool icons on the screenshots of this theme but the ones on my phone after installing the green theme still look the same? Am I missing something?

Yes I have the same questions too. Can I get those icons? I use ADW. Any way to get them work with it.

droidxchat

Reaction score
Juice - I hope you don't mind, but I'm including some icons I made some time back to use with your themes. These are wifi icons which don't have the little "frame" around them, which I feel makes the notification bar look cleaner. I wanted to share them in case someone else was bugged by this.

Thanks for all your work! I really enjoy your themes and keep coming back to them.

In case some don't know, these need to be used to replace the files with the same names in the framework-res.apk file.

thanks! i was meaning to look for these, now i dont have to

Inkarnit

Reaction score
This ROM and Theme are very Metamorph friendly. If you don't like a particular icon or icons, simply go to droidpirate.com and browse through their selection of notification icons then use metamorph to apply them. You can, of course, do it manually by taking the icons from wherever and putting them in, but metamorph is very easy.

As for the icons you guys see, Juicemane posted a .zip with them back in one of his previous theme releases... for 1.6 I believe. You can use Desktop Visualizer to make your custom icons.