the yahoo mail issue ...

zero7404

Reaction score
so wen i had 2.0.1 i noticed wen i sent email from the fone that i looked in the sent folder and found several of the same email.

q1: does it mean the fone fired off all those emails to the recipient ?

q2: verizon says there's yahoo email support now with 2.1, but i still see this issue ...
i took the extra steps to delete my yahoo account and recreate it (on the fone) after installing 2.1 ...

warrior21

Reaction score
No it didn't send all those messages out, they just appear in the sent box. The 2.1 update was supposed to resolve the issue

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

a73

Reaction score
new 2.1 update doesn't seem to have fixed the multiple sent email issue. I am just back to using the link m.yahoo.com/mail , which I've saved to the home screen as a shortcut to get to yahoo web mail, within a browser

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i do hope that the recipients didnt get bombarded with a million of the same email ...
is verizon even monitoring this forum to get ideas/fixes ?
i shot an email to their support dept. last nite about it & some other things that could use fixing, like the wifi & bt ....

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
so wen i had 2.0.1 i noticed wen i sent email from the fone that i looked in the sent folder and found several of the same email.

q1: does it mean the fone fired off all those emails to the recipient ?

q2: verizon says there's yahoo email support now with 2.1, but i still see this issue ...
i took the extra steps to delete my yahoo account and recreate it (on the fone) after installing 2.1 ...

q1: No, the recipient only sees one. Thankfully.

q2: ...what is your question? I have not seen the "multiple sent" issue since I got 2.1, and I didn't change my yahoo setup at all. Not saying you're not still having it, just providing a single anecdotal confirmation of it being fixed for at least some people.

jbrock98

Reaction score
i can't even get logged into my yahoo account, i hit the email icon in my menu then type my email and password and is says connecting to server then it says invalid username or password, i know i'm not putting it in wrong everytime, when i go thru my browser it works, anyone have any suggestions?

monadnock

Reaction score
i can't even get logged into my yahoo account, i hit the email icon in my menu then type my email and password and is says connecting to server then it says invalid username or password, i know i'm not putting it in wrong everytime, when i go thru my browser it works, anyone have any suggestions?

Make sure wifi is turned off and you're using 3g. Ymail doesn't work over wifi for some reason.

jbrock98

Reaction score
wow works perfectly now, thats crazy, why and how would wi-fi affect it? would anyone suggest the use of the k9 mail app in the market

mrredskin

Reaction score
well, i can't even get mine to accept new mail from my inbox. it delivered everything to my phone initially, but haven't gotten a new mail message notice YET! and i received at least 10 emails after i set it up yesterday. i set the update period to check every 10 minutes.

jasonty

Reaction score
I think I had about 3000 of the same message saved in the sent file yesterday! It did this before and after the update. I have not changed any settings.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
this is def. some weird behavior. i let vzw know and they gave me a hotline to reach motorola tech support directly.

btw .. each mail account i have set up on the fone identifies emails with a color bar on the left (in list view) ... is there any meaning to this other than color coding to match calendar entries with an account ?

johntkong

Reaction score
My ymail account was working seemingly well this morning but then it would keep refreshing and no email would arrive. I know there are emails coming as I checked it on my computer. I deleted the account from my Droid and tried to set it back up but all I got was the message "connecting to server" for at least 10 mins until I pulled the battery.

Is the Google phone really not compatible with using other email accounts? That would be crazy because not everyone has a Google account.