The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi Getting Ice Cream Sandwich Update Roll-Out

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10-wifi-ics.jpeg

Just a couple of weeks ago, the ICS update came to the European version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi edition, and now it has begun rolling out to the U.S. version as well. You will now be on version 4.0.4 of Android, and Samsung version IMM76D.UELPL. If you check it manually and don't see it yet, you can always grab it with Kies.

Source: GalaxyTabForums.net

pizza3

Reaction score
ICS download

Yes, its true. If you feel like waiting for the OTA download then good for you. As for me I couldn't stand that someone has it before me.So I tried to download it via Kies. Big hassle - no download. Had a "Chat" with Samsung support - Bigger hassle. They were worse than worthless - they gave me robo answers and then went home. No help and a waste of time and equanimity. Somehow I thought that maybe it was my computer so I switched from my old Win XP box to a newer one sporting Win 7. Wallah! It worked and did so quickly. I had ICS in just a few minutes. Now I have to find out what is so great about ICS. I did get to delete that stupid screen capture button on the home screen. Bottom Line: What did I learn from this? Trust your gut and don't try and download ICS on my computer.

pjkump

Reaction score
Updated

I updated mine thru Kies last night. Now to play with it today and see how it runs. I have the WIFI only version.