The Official Droid Eris Root is HERE FINALLY THREAD

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
While searching the other forums this was spotted over on
the xda developers forums !!!

Instead of doing a Copy and Paste, to make it look like we are the ones who came up with this,
I am going to direct you right to their forum.
You can continue the discussion here as well.

The Official Droid Eris Root is HERE FINALLY THREAD

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
Now that I've rooted my wife's phone with 2.1, when can we expect to start finding cool custom ROMs like Ultimate Droid or Simply Stunning. She wants those cools themes and added features/apps that I have on my moto droid, but I'm too lazy to edit framework-res.apk adding in things I have.. also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming using any of the already made ROMs for my moto droid just won't work on the Eris. When will Eris ROMs start to surface?

rican408

Reaction score
my girl is happy to finally have navigation like me now. can't wait till its overclocked

GrdLock

Reaction score
FYI, we finished a new root rom. This one uses the kernel from the original 2.1 leak, and we polished out all the bugs we found. This one's fully stable and working as far as we know.

Sorry for linking to another site, but I just uploaded the new rom and a link to it is in the guide here: GUIDE: From stock 1.5 to the latest root 2.1 - Android Forums

Last edited:

GrdLock

Reaction score
308czyf.png
28kj8et.png

[video=youtube;42oDzviQKU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oDzviQKU4]YouTube - HTC Eris - Live Wallpapers, 2.1 Gallery[/video]

Shay D. Life

Reaction score
Is it possible for me to get this on my Eris? When I got my device the 2.1 leak was already on there and if I'm correct there's no way to add anything else.

cheesecake

Reaction score
I really wish that I wouldn't of installed the leaked 2.1....

Oh well I guess.

cheesecake

Reaction score
I really wish that I wouldn't of installed the leaked 2.1....

Oh well I guess.

txarsoncop

Reaction score
Pointers?

Because I am a bit wee-todded I'm looking for a little confirmation since I've had a bit of trouble trying to follow everything posted in the three separate forums & threads this has been daisy-chained through. I've got android sdk and I've been messing around on my Eris for quite a while but on a totally nOOb level so I've got questions.

I've d/l'ed GrdLock's installer that was easy. The installer will do everything if I answer the questions correctly. My phone should be connected to the computer but NOT mounted since the directions don't mention that?

I've never seen a 'root directory' on my phone though. When unmounted my Vista laptop doesn't see it at all, when mounted it simply shows 'Removable Disk (F)' and then all of the folders and files on the phone when I double click on the drive. Normal?

I also saw reference to a 'Nand backup' I was going to copy the SD card, should I be doing more? The only stuff I really care about are the pix, music & ringers I've put on the card. The apps wouldn't kill me, the phonebook would be a huge loss though.

Thanks for your help.

bill

Last edited:

Day 5

Reaction score
how do i know my eris is rooted and not leaked 2.1?

i followed unlockr.com how to root but im not sure if im rooted i can't install the recovery image is there any way to tell if im on the rooted 2.1 or leaked 2.1

itsuptwou

Reaction score
As well as the person above im have a very hard time with the Recovery Mode. Im unable to work anything in Command Prompt at all. I have a 2.1 on the phone, but its having many issues and seems to have to FC many applications. Im trying to work the recovery mode to install a new ROM that is supose to take care of issues. If someone could help me Im going crazy trying to figure this out. Ive spent hours on this already with no luck.

GrdLock

Reaction score
Join the IRC chatroom. Plenty of people there who will help walk you through it.

Download mIRC and connect to irc.thefuzz4.net or irc.wastated.net and join room #DroidEris or #ErisRootHelp

itsuptwou

Reaction score
Would you be able to lead me to the area. I just tried DL that and Idk whats going on. I mean I know basics and Ive built my own computer, but for some reason.... im having a heck of a time with this.

txarsoncop

Reaction score
Hope this helps

You are putting the recovery file in your SDK folder right? The path to your folder probably won't be anything like the instructions, mine wasn't.

Ex. my path: C:\Users\The ASS Chief\Documents\android-sdk_r04-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools

Why? Because I wasn't paying attention to where my lappy decided to d/l the file. But this is where you need to add the recovery image.

One thing all the instructions I've come across seem to leave out is YOU NEED TO BACK UP YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU WIPE AND FLASH WITH THE NEW ROM!! I've come across that info in the threads but I can't remember reading it in ANY of the instructions. Muy importante! If you don't, you'll lose your phone book and email addys like I did, not fun. :mad:

Last edited: