The Lapdock 100 for the OG Motorola Droid RAZR Drops to $50 Bucks; Sold Out Online

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-lapdock-100.png

We have confirmed from several sources, including contacting local stores that the Lapdock 100 for the original Motorola Droid RAZR has dropped to the low price of $50 bucks. The device doesn't show up on Verizon's website, so maybe they are trying to clear out their retail inventory. Above is an unboxing video for the product that we found on YouTube.

Thanks for the tip, Darla!

Reaction score
Would like to confirm that this is a legitimate sale. Just bought one from my local verizon store for $53.

Jimmy8881

Reaction score
will this dock work with the razr maxx? or is it just for the plain razr ?

Fuzzball

Reaction score
will this dock work with the razr maxx? or is it just for the plain razr ?

It'll work with any Lapdock enabled phone with the exception of the Atrix if I'm not mistaken. The Lapdock 100 and 500 were intended to be futureproof to a degree and stop the annoying act of making one specific to only one phone. Personally I'm looking to get a 500 when it's at dirt cheap pricing, but I wonder if that'll happen or not. The 100 is a bit tempting, but it still is ugly IMHO.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty sure sign that the RAZR is about to go EOL (same thing happened with the Bionic). Which makes sense, with the announcement of the RAZR HD series today. Might see if I can pick one up locally, since I missed out on the Bionic lapdock deal. I believe the 100 will work with the Bionic. If not, a simple adapter cable will make it work.

droidshot®

Reaction score
Well this sucks. I just bought Two of the 100's last month for around $235 each. Believe I'll be making a trip to Verizon in the morning to see about getting a credit to my account.
They will work with both RAZR and MAXX, DROID 4 and Bionic. There was a few more that was listed in the paperwork to be compatible also. I love mine. Like the fact that you can answer your phone while you're texting someone else as you are checking something out on Facebook.

Kobe24

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that this will work with the Bionic?

autostadt

Reaction score
I just picked one up from my local VZW store for $50. They only had two left and the associates were unaware of the "deal"...

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Confirmed! Just bought one in Santa Maria, CA for 49.99. They had no idea about the price and were shocked when it rang up for 49.99. I'm currently using it to write up this post with my Bionic (yes it's great with Bionic running .232 ICS Leak and Webtop 3.0). Rock on, thanks for posting this deal!

Fuzzball

Reaction score
I hit up the local store and asked about the Lapdock 500. He said that the 500 is marked as Closeout, but it's still oddly priced at $300. He did mention that they've always had a bunch more stock of the 100 and rarely any stock of the 500.

I went ahead and picked up a 100 for $50 before tax. Personally I think the 100 is fugly and like the 500 looks and feature-wise; the POE charging on the 500 is a great idea. I'll be holding onto the 100 to see if the 500 comes down in price and if so, hawk the 100 on fleaBay.