The-Goods-v-1.5

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I'm not a DEV and I'm not claiming to be, I'm just simply an avid Droid user, who thought i'd share my modifications to one of the available ROMS.

The Goods v-1.5
***I am not responsible for any damage that you do to your phone, now or ever, you install everything on your own, i don’t do it for you.***

Firmware Version – Android 2.0.1

Kernal – Taz Kernal 950mhz

bootanimation – Cyborg Hi Res

ROM Base - DroidMod 1.0 (Version 1 was based off of Smoked Glass 5.0.1)

Apps – [That I added/Main Features]
Alarm Clock
2.1 Gallery
2.1 Weather/News widget
2.1 Music
2.1 Desk Clock
G1 IM
Droid themed Launcher (from ultimate droid ROM)
HTC themed Laucher2, with working Call/Browser Buttons (from COW ROM)
Live Wallpapers with Nexus Mod included (nexus mod found in market)
Milestone World Clock Widget
Notes Widget
Slide Show Widget
Motoroi Video Player
Wifi Tether
World Clock Widget

Theme - Modified
SmokedGlass
Droid Hex
Elegant Drod
Battery Icons from Motorola Cliq

Installation Instructions
1. Download the Nandroid Backup below
2. Unzip what you just downloaded
3. Take the folder inside the unziped one and place into your nandroid folder on your SD Card
4. Reboot into SPRecovery
5. Make an advanced nandroid backup, and back up all the options
6. Go back to main screen of SPRecovery
7. Wipe data/cache
8. Wipe cache partition
9. do an advanced nandroid restore and select restore “The-Goods-v1.5″
10. Select restore options for boot and system
[ONLY SELECT RECOVERY IF YOU ARE NOT USING THE LASTEST SPRecovery version]
11. Reboot phone
12. Check out the ROM and give me some feedback..
icon_smile.gif

**REMEMBER PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE SWITCHING ROMS**
**ALSO YOU MAY KEEP DATA IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING 2.0.1, BUT WIPING IS RECOMMENDED FOR BEST FUNCTIONALITY AND PERFORMACE..**

***I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS OR ANYTHING ELSE DURING THIS PROCESS, YOU DO ALL OF THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK..***

HAVE FUN AND LET ME KNOW OF ANY BUGS YOU MAY FIND, OR REQUESTS YOU MAY HAVE.. ENJOY..
icon_smile.gif

WOODYMAN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
NANDROID BACKUP ---- HERE

Attachments

• CAP2010031316161.jpg
    CAP2010031316161.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 297
  • CAP201003131615.jpg
    CAP201003131615.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 360
  • CAP201003131619.jpg
    CAP201003131619.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 307

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha....you're funny ;)

In fact, if you all remember correctly, I did the same thing a while back....I through a bunch of stuff and a theme together and called it Naterade. I was experimenting and practicing/learning and shouldn't have posted it for download as a ROM in my personal opinion now.

These ROMs are not a bad thing for the community. I never said that.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Haha....you're funny ;)

In fact, if you all remember correctly, I did the same thing a while back....I through a bunch of stuff and a theme together and called it Naterade. I was experimenting and practicing/learning and shouldn't have posted it for download as a ROM in my personal opinion now.

These ROMs are not a bad thing for the community. I never said that.

I do remember and i have no hard feelings toward you.. i just thought it was humours considering all the drama going on around that post..
and i'm doing the same thing, its just experimenting, i took a rom i liked and modified it to my liking.. and as far as you posting it for a ROM, it was a great idea, its one of the few that encouraged me to learn ADB and start editing and modifing/themeing my own "rom", so in a way im thanking you..

all these so to speak non dev roms made me want to contribute, im no coding genius or anything, i just like tweaking things to my liking..

and if don't mind, please download the nandroid and just apply my framework-res.apk to a 2.0.1 rom and let me know what you think of my theme modifications.. i don't know how to make a metamorph or i would..

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean bro...and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone I promise. I have just gotten all hyped up at the quality of the CyanogenMod ROM and I've been trying to advocate it to gain it popularity. Cause people are leary of trying it because of the switching recovery images deal. So that's basically all I'm trying to do...is show people the difference I guess...NOT trying to put anyone down. I promise that.

And I'll try out your ROM bro...

And I may be able to help you out with creating MetaMorph themes...

pthance

Reaction score
Well I personally think this is great, especially for discussion. The biggest thing I have to add to this is what I "think" Natediddy1120 was trying to get across, and that is this: There are ROM "Cookers" and ROM "Developers" Some people don't really know the difference, and honestly as long as credit is given where it is due and the product is strong its all good.

Cookers: People who take the time to pick and choose pieces of code available on the web and produce stunning and beautiful pieces of work for others (like me) who are too lazy or inexperienced to do it themselves. Its a great line of work and deserves respect.

Developers: Although a lot of developers do some "cooking" of their own, because nobody can take credit for all the work done for the modding community. These special few actually do some developmental work, changing code, adding and finding new functionality that was previously unavailable to the community as a whole. There are a whole lot of developers that don't actually do any ROM development as well, so the distinction is much harder to make.

All in all, I don't flash nearly enough ROM's that are produced to make judgment on most, but I do think that Natediddy1120 wasn't trying to offend people out there on the whole. But there are a few cookers that claim developer status, and don't always give credit in their work....to me that's a bit rude. If you didn't do the work, don't take the credit.

Anyways, now that I'm off my soap box, I'd like to say I flashed The Goods and I like it. Its stable, usable, and in no way lacking. Good Job, I will probably stick with CyanogenMod for Droid (by Koush) and DroidMod (by the DM team) because its what my experience has shown to be the fastest, most stable, and due to my lazyness, easiest to set up on the fly (I like their apk's for flashing recovery and what not). Keep up the good work woodyman!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I couldn't agree anymore pthance, everyone does alot of great work here and on other drod sites as well, and like I've already stated im not at all offended by Nates post, i understand what he meant by it, and credit needs to go where it is deserved..

and thanks for trying it out..

and nate, i'll work on screen shots very soon..

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I personally think this is great, especially for discussion. The biggest thing I have to add to this is what I "think" Natediddy1120 was trying to get across, and that is this: There are ROM "Cookers" and ROM "Developers" Some people don't really know the difference, and honestly as long as credit is given where it is due and the product is strong its all good.

Cookers: People who take the time to pick and choose pieces of code available on the web and produce stunning and beautiful pieces of work for others (like me) who are too lazy or inexperienced to do it themselves. Its a great line of work and deserves respect.

Developers: Although a lot of developers do some "cooking" of their own, because nobody can take credit for all the work done for the modding community. These special few actually do some developmental work, changing code, adding and finding new functionality that was previously unavailable to the community as a whole. There are a whole lot of developers that don't actually do any ROM development as well, so the distinction is much harder to make.

All in all, I don't flash nearly enough ROM's that are produced to make judgment on most, but I do think that Natediddy1120 wasn't trying to offend people out there on the whole. But there are a few cookers that claim developer status, and don't always give credit in their work....to me that's a bit rude. If you didn't do the work, don't take the credit.

Anyways, now that I'm off my soap box, I'd like to say I flashed The Goods and I like it. Its stable, usable, and in no way lacking. Good Job, I will probably stick with CyanogenMod for Droid (by Koush) and DroidMod (by the DM team) because its what my experience has shown to be the fastest, most stable, and due to my lazyness, easiest to set up on the fly (I like their apk's for flashing recovery and what not). Keep up the good work woodyman!

Yes pthance...this is *exactly* the idea I have been trying to convey...I do see however now, how it all could've been taken offensively by people, and I apologize if I did offend anyone....it was meant in the way pthance just explained in detail...couldn't have said it better myself.

I couldn't agree anymore pthance, everyone does alot of great work here and on other drod sites as well, and like I've already stated im not at all offended by Nates post, i understand what he meant by it, and credit needs to go where it is deserved..

and thanks for trying it out..

and nate, i'll work on screen shots very soon..

And woodyman, I'm booted into recovery right now about to restore your nandroid :) And yeah, the screenshots are just a good idea to let people know some of the cool stuff they will have if they download your ROM. Otherwise, you may end up missing a percentage of people that visit this thread just because there were no pics...

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey bro, have been running this thing, and I really gotta say, you did do a GREAT job on this. And I ain't just sayin that either to make you feel good lol.

Looks nice and runs pretty fast for a 2.0.1 ROM. Definitely keep it up :). Only thing about it for me personally is, where I have been using these ere/ese ROMs I am just so used to the speed and smoothness of the new 2.1 builds, and 2.0.1 just feels kinda, slow or something compared to 2.1,

But I mean honestly, overall, you did a wonderful job with everything really...

and PS: That's the 1st full-screen bootanimation that I've seen that doesn't lag or anything! That's an awesome bootanimation! Ran flawlessly....

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and a tip to change your clock color to gold, to match the rest of the notification bar and pulldown text....if you have the hex code for that exact color gold, you can use the program called xUltimate (by xeudoxus) and use the clock color option.

When it asks what color, choose "Custom" and then enter the RRGGBB hex code and press enter...it'll have to reboot and that should change it.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Oh yeah, and a tip to change your clock color to gold, to match the rest of the notification bar and pulldown text....if you have the hex code for that exact color gold, you can use the program called xUltimate (by xeudoxus) and use the clock color option.

When it asks what color, choose "Custom" and then enter the RRGGBB hex code and press enter...it'll have to reboot and that should change it.

Hey thanks for the feedback and I'm going to work on a new . 21build soon.. and I know how to change the colors I just enjoyed the 2 Tone mix.. lol