The girlfriends droid and miui

smoonyheim

Reaction score
So on the droid i have miui installed flawlessly and works great.

However, on the gf's droid i'm having less than stellar results in installing.

I have clockwork, am rooted, all that jazz.

Right now i have cm6 on, but i felt that miui is easier for her since she's not the best with phones.

Just wanna say that i've flashed roms before successfully on both devices, on an incredible, an evo4g, multiple devices. So i'm pretty versed in how to install it, but when the basic rename as update.zip or just install from sd as update.zip or w.e. i've named it as doesn't work i'm stumped.

I'll go to install the .zip (it's not update.zip.zip) in rommanger, it'll open the .zip but then goes STRAIGHT back to recovery without flashing the rom over. For some reason i have trouble and can't figure it out.

Any help would be awesome!

Model: Droid
Android Version: 2.2.1
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-cm-stk
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-6.1.0-Droid
Build Number: FRG22D

Again, thanks in advance, hopefully we can get this working for her since she flys in tomorrow at midnight!

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of what's going on with the phone? not trying to be pokey, just really wanna get the phone set up for her.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Right now i have cm6 on, but i felt that miui is easier for her since she's not the best with phones.

Just wanna say that i've flashed roms before successfully on both devices, on an incredible, an evo4g, multiple devices. So i'm pretty versed in how to install it, but when the basic rename as update.zip or just install from sd as update.zip or w.e. i've named it as doesn't work i'm stumped.

I'll go to install the .zip (it's not update.zip.zip) in rommanger, it'll open the .zip but then goes STRAIGHT back to recovery without flashing the rom over. For some reason i have trouble and can't figure it out.

Again, thanks in advance, hopefully we can get this working for her since she flys in tomorrow at midnight!

Try flashing alternate recovery in rom manager, then reflashing clockwork.

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
it gets to opening update package and then just goes back to the clockworkrecovery home screen

BlackDiamond

Reaction score

Try flashing alternate recovery in rom manager, then reflashing clockwork.

You could try installing the alternate recovery and then flashing back to clockwork.

Or when you get into clockwork go down to partitions and click mount system, then try to install your rom..

Not to sure why its not working but that would be where i would start!

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
it's renamed update.zip

i can change it, it's no biggy.

tried the idea before, mounted system, got me to installing update, then went back to the clockworkrecovery screen. =\

and ya i'm putting miui on a droid1

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may just not be able to flash on her phone. There were certain ROM's I couldn't flash on my first Droid that I could with my second one and this one. It's a rare issue I haven't seen a work around for. Not saying this is what's happening but it's a possibility

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
damn, it's not the end of the world if it's the case, but i guess it could be the case =(

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
And just throwing this out there, if she has problems using her device for any reason, I wouldn't suggest MIUI:)

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
ya i guess, i mean i think overall miui is pretty simplified as opposed to cm6, but o well!

I'll show her how to use cm and it won't be too bad!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty simple but since it's still having all the kinks worked out and what not it might have issues. You obviously know what you're doing but never know when or where she'll run into a problem. CM6 is good though:) It ran really really cool on my last phone.

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
ya i'm definitely a fan of cmod, my incredible and my droid both run cmod and miui depending on my mood.

and thanks to your guru-ism swype is working on the incredible and seems to be working as well on the og droid too =D

wtfux happened to the damn enter key though???

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good choices haha. CM won't run on this phone. My first Droid never got hot no matter what. Second one, took a while to find a ROM that would run good, CM being one of two. MIUI ran decent but a little warm. This one only seems to like MIUI so far, haven't tried any others really but CM won't work.

Ah, you were in that thread? Haha glad it's working. I actually got it working last night myself. I held off due to people having so many problems but I finally figured it out. It's acting weird for me though.

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
ya i just wanna know how to kill the retarded smiley button and put the enter button in.

i type longggggg texts so paragraph differentiation is important =(

and it was a thread i posted ;)