The gap btwn the slider and screen (slight movement)

DougFNJ

Reaction score
Just a minor annoyance that appears to vary by unit. That tiny gap under the left side of the screen I get that little play in there that when typing on the keyboard occasionally or tapping parts of the screen, it tends to tap the 2 parts together. Is there any kind of small fix? Anything to tighten or something anyone tried that works? Loving my Droid, but this is something I get a feeling could worsen a bit over time.

OP
DougFNJ

DougFNJ

Reaction score
So after it bothered me enough....the gap was large enough where it almost felt like typing on a Storm :mad:

Probably not the most recommended way to do it, I made sure to be REALLY careful about it. Being that the unit is made of thin metal, I took it position by position and put some tension inwards to get the metal to ever so slightly bend in until the unit for the most part stopped having the 2 parts click together everytime I am tapping on the screen, particularly with the virtual keyboard.

So if it is bugging you as much as it was bugging me being everything was perfect EXCEPT for that play between the 2 parts, be it risky, it could be worth a shot, heh heh I take no responsibility for results :wink: unless of course it works like a charm :D

Veedo

Reaction score
mine does this a little bit too. isnt this normal?

goonygugle

Reaction score
I would definitely take the phone back before i attempted to bend it.

Veedo

Reaction score
I can push down on the corner by the back button and it moves a little bit. Anyone else have this or should I bring it back?

wilson

Reaction score
I thought I must have bent mine a bit. Glad I saw this thread. It really bugs me when I type, since it has that movement. Everyone seems to be noticing it in that same corner, where the <- is located.

Dvcaptainm

Reaction score
I had the same issue took it to the store an they replaced it in store, if they done have any they send u a new one next day