The "fix" I535VRBMF1 killed my 4g & gps... Help!

Michael1963

Reaction score
Verizon has no solution because this update was to be the solution. Samsung has no solution either. Each is blaming the other and in the meantime I have a 1x phone with no gps. Can anyone please help me?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Can you list things you have tried.....

First is pulling battery and sim let it sit for 10 minutes and put it back together.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

OP
M

Michael1963

Reaction score
Can you list things you have tried.....

First is pulling battery and sim let it sit for 10 minutes and put it back together.

Battery pull
Sim card pull
Cache partition wipe
Resetting to LTE V's global
Hard reset
Update PRL
Update to global roaming always on
Deleted new applications

My phone slowed with the first update, but with the "fix", it's now completely lost 4g. I rarely get 3g and gps is next to worthless as even if it catches a signal, it loses it in less than a minute.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Sounds to me like something worthy of vzw sending you a replacement...... Looks like you have tried everything.... Maybe go to vzw and have them try a different sim.....

OP
M

Michael1963

Reaction score
Darn. I was hoping to not have to do that. I will likely either go with the S4 or go back to a Motorola phone. This phone was almost perfect until the "update". I am profoundly disappointed with both Verizon and Samsung. Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Darn. I was hoping to not have to do that. I will likely either go with the S4 or go back to a Motorola phone. This phone was almost perfect until the "update". I am profoundly disappointed with both Verizon and Samsung. Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

I think your device has defective hardware and a different unit will solve the issue.... Try Odin flashing back to an older version and see if the issue is fixed.. Then you will know

wcjeep

Reaction score
The original update broke the wife's , neighbor and my phone. The follow up fixed it. Can VZW send you a refurb?