The DroidFather

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope these new Andy phones aren't setting their goals based off of Droid sales cause I don't think any of them will get to do those kind of numbers. Not the X or the Galaxy Ss of the world. I think all are outstanding phones and I would like to own all of the new phones myself. What the Droid did for Android wont likely be duplicated by one single phone.... the Droid will likely not sell many more phones but its place in Android lore is firmly entrenched. Even if I ever stop using it I will always keep this phone around, may pass it down to my kids.

So no matter how great these next Gen 1ghz+ phones are down the road... and they are great. The Motorola Droid will always be The DroidFather.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
very poetic. and i completely agree. the droid 1 will live on for a long time, past 2.2, past 3.0. just consider the g1 is still being modded/hacked/developed for. and the droid 1 is much more popular than the G1 ever was

iPirate

Reaction score
I agree.

I heard several times "... on your droid phone.." dancedroid

bje1982

Reaction score
What the Droid did for Android wont likely be duplicated by one single phone....

I think Verizon did that for Android not the Droid because Im sure if another carrier like TMobile put as much towards advertising Android as Verizon did Android would've been blowing up a long time ago.. Just my thoughts but the Droid is going to be the phone that's remembered as being the DroidFather. There is aloooot of people out there that never heard of Android til Verizon broke the piggy bank to advertise the Droid.

DroidFather!!! lol dancedroid

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the Droid did for Android wont likely be duplicated by one single phone....

I think Verizon did that for Android not the Droid because Im sure if another carrier like TMobile put as much towards advertising Android as Verizon did Android would've been blowing up a long time ago.. Just my thoughts but the Droid is going to be the phone that's remembered as being the DroidFather. There is aloooot of people out there that never heard of Android til Verizon broke the piggy bank to advertise the Droid.

Its easy for ppl to give all the promotional props to VZW for the marketing blitz that you see.... BUT this type of advertising blitzkreig had to be a major co-op with Google and to a larger degree Motorola.

If this wasn't the case you wouldn't be seeing 3-4 times the number of ads for the next great vzw phone the incredible.... Vzw would have simply switched their entire campaign to the new phone.... we may see less Droid 1 commercials when X hits though... lets give Motorola some credit here.

bje1982

Reaction score

Its easy for ppl to give all the promotional props to VZW for the marketing blitz that you see.... BUT this type of advertising blitzkreig had to be a major co-op with Google and to a larger degree Motorola.

If this wasn't the case you wouldn't be seeing 3-4 times the number of ads for the next great vzw phone the incredible.... Vzw would have simply switched their entire campaign to the new phone.... we may see less Droid 1 commercials when X hits though... lets give Motorola some credit here.
I agree Moto probably did but its there first Android device if Im not mistaken but if thats the case why would Google have waited 2 1/2 years or so to market Android?

Edit: I never saw an Android commercial til Verizon got the Droid.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well simply put all of us who gave the Droid those numbers will be giving it an unannounced handset when it is upgrade time... ;)

droidilac

Reaction score
I was waiting for the Storm 2. Then my sis said wait there is a new phone coming soon its called the Droid......

I took her word and waited. I was worried about buying another Moto phone though. Lol bad past experiences in the past with Moto. I must say though everybody seems to agree this has been the best phone Moto has built regarding reliability and sturdiness ....... lol IMO

I've always been a VZ kind of person so even if Tmob had dropped all that money on adv I still don't think I would've discovered Android lol....

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for the Storm 2. Then my sis said wait there is a new phone coming soon its called the Droid......

I took her word and waited. I was worried about buying another Moto phone though. Lol bad past experiences in the past with Moto. I must say though everybody seems to agree this has been the best phone Moto has built regarding reliability and sturdiness ....... lol IMO

I've always been a VZ kind of person so even if Tmob had dropped all that money on adv I still don't think I would've discovered Android lol....

Let me tell you as a former Storm 1 and Storm 2 owner your sister did you a huge favor having you hold off for the Droid. You owe her one.

droidilac

Reaction score

Let me tell you as a former Storm 1 and Storm 2 owner your sister did you a huge favor having you hold off for the Droid. You owe her one.
LoL Im actually trying to convince her to get herself the Droid X when it comes out. LoL She sounds interested LoL oh and my droid was a Bday gift from her since she owed me a few. She works a cell phone store so always gets deals.....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
....The DroidFather....lol

Yea the ads helped sell it. I always mention that too. At the same time, it's a nice phone, real nice. I'm sure if word of mouth got around that the Droid was some garbage, it would be a different story.

Thats why ppl that had/have that mute issue cant be that many cuz the Droid wouldnt have survived that type of news, especially with it being the first Droid phone on Verizon.