The Droid Bionic is HUGE phone!

s-one

Reaction score
The Droid Bionic is a HUGE phone!

I know its has the 4.3" screen goodness but I'm just coming to the realization of how freaking big this phone is.... Pocketability is a must for my next phone and I don't want to feel like I have a scientific calculator in my pocket. I'm now having reservations.. AT&'s Atrix is a nice size and I just wish Verizon picked up the LG Optimus 2x. Just rambling... :(

s-one

droidbionic04.jpg

droidbionic07.jpg

droidbionic05.jpg

droidbionic02.jpg

droidbionic03.jpg

droidbionic06.jpg

droidbionic01.jpg

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Size seems fine with me....But then I am 6'3" 280 :D

B

bthomp21

Reminds me of the BK commercials with the guy with small hands. lol

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
LOL! I know what you mean. :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Looks maybe marginally larger than the DX and I don't think that's too big. But gotta see in person to really know.

Sent from somewhere...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I prefer a 4" screen as well but the .3" extra isn't a deal breaker. In hand I'd like to see the difference between the 2 though.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Off topic a little, but in those pics it doesn't appear to have blur. I could be wrong though but just an observation.

hijackerjack

Reaction score
Off topic a little, but in those pics it doesn't appear to have blur. I could be wrong though but just an observation.

It has a lot of blur icons though.. its prolly just a newer version.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Also noticed in the last pic its got spare parts in the app drawer....is that thing rooted already??

cpjr

Reaction score
Its no bigger than the X....which is not to big at all. Fits perfectly fine in my pocket even with a case on it.

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
Someone in another thread said something that the CES Bionic didn't have the real/optimized OS... which probably doesn't have the full Blur stuff on it.

Im still on the original Droid from Nov 2009 and my buddy has the Droid X. So comparing the two I noticed how much larger his was albeit thinner. Then I started looking at the Droid Bionic and if its bigger than the Droid X oh my. I'll wait and see too.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Someone in another thread said something that the CES Bionic didn't have the real/optimized OS... which probably doesn't have the full Blur stuff on it.
From Cell Phone Forums who had a private showing of the Bionic:

The Droid Bionic is the first dual-core phone that Verizon users will see in 2011. The model I saw didn't have the final home screen and software loaded on it (as shown in the picture), but the Verizon rep did present an initial set of apps that are likely to be standard when the device is released. They all loaded blazing fast, but I suspect that there aren’t many apps out there that fully use both cores are the same time. Of course, I suspect that will change once the phone is released. Verizon did say that Motorola will be doing some software optimization to utilize both cores, so I guess we'll see.