The Droid Army is amassing

W3RDSMYTH

Reaction score
Hi all, found this place today when doing a google search for the latest droid and android news.

My boss at work and I are both going to be getting the Motorola Droid next week and we have been eagerly watching its progress over the past months and weeks. I was glad to find a community of other folks as excited about it as I am!

J

JohnDroid

Awesome, glad to have you on board. I think the popularity of the site and the Droid in general shows that there are a ton of Verizon customers out there waiting for something to compete with the iPhone!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for me, it's not so much to COMPETE with the iphone... that would be like some japanese motorcycle manufacturer going after the "hardly davidson" market. that is a big tower to topple, though they undoubtedly have a better product. people have their allegiances, but there is typically a group of (informed) people that will spring for the better product, despite the hype associated with the "reigning king". i, for one, am not willing to jump on the iBandwagon, based solely on it's popularity.

Droid

Reaction score
Verizon is expecting at least a million sales its first couple of days. Does that sound like any phone you know? Yup, the 3g. No need to compete with the iphone though, just need to have a flowing fan base.

pastachef

Reaction score
it's not so much to COMPETE with the iphone... that would be like some japanese motorcycle manufacturer going after the "hardly davidson" market

love the analogy! so true:D
I am actually going to be upgrading from a 2g iphone running on tmobile. tmobile is letting me end my contract early without a fee because their coverage here is shitty.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pastachef: analogies are my favourite, thanks :) love the flying spaghetti monster avatar too, what prompted that? or is it just to go with the handle?

p.s: welcome to the forum!

pastachef

Reaction score
Ive been a strong pastafarian and pirate, and the username pastachef seemed a suitable way to pay tribute to the FSM.:D

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just checking. i'm a longboarder, and there is a model by Comet called the FSM, which i bought recently. anyway, i was just wondering if that was some skateboarder love.. :D

MrWest45

Reaction score
for me, it's not so much to COMPETE with the iphone... that would be like some japanese motorcycle manufacturer going after the "hardly davidson" market. that is a big tower to topple, though they undoubtedly have a better product. people have their allegiances, but there is typically a group of (informed) people that will spring for the better product, despite the hype associated with the "reigning king". i, for one, am not willing to jump on the iBandwagon, based solely on it's popularity.

+1+1

I am with you 100%

Droid128

Reaction score
hello all. like most of you these past few weeks have been all about Droid for me. glad i found this forum and proud to enlist myself in this revolution against the death star!

DROOOOID!